Defensive Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those who like the older guns......winchester, Sharps, colt, Volcanic, and many more.

many of the guns are original with some modern reproductions thrown in. A whole lot of history up close and behind glass. Plenty of big name guns from the era.....and many more i have never heard of.....from derringers to buffalo guns.

and much more including indian exhibits, uniforms of the era, documents, buildings, leather, etc.

the citations on the Medal of Honor recipients from TX would just freeze you in your tracks reading them....you cold not walk away until you read it all.....

we were there last night for a special dinner to support area scholarships and charities......or i should say hard working local tax-exempt entities......

only got to tour mostly the gun exhibits......we will be going back to try to make a day of it.

20 years ago, there was hardly anything on site except for old crumbling buildings and an old historic marker....it has really blossomed into something special.

they even have a rifled cannon (modern production repo) that as a team they go to competitions with.

·
Premium Member
9,462 Posts
I had been to the old fort about 20 years ago and there was not much to see.
Wow! this will require another road trip. looks like they have done a spectacular job. If memory serves me it is not too far from San Angelo.
I am going to make it a stop this fall as the temps go down. I love Texas history.
Thank you so very much for the link.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up.... We will try to go and see the museum next time we go on a Road Trip to see some or our Inlaws & Outlaws :sneaky: out in San Angelo...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its located between San Angelo and Abilene off HWY 277......Big sign off the highway....then a long winding paved road to get to it...

·
Super Moderator
19,001 Posts
They didn't have all that the last time I was at Fort Chadbourne probably in the early 1990s. I've been past the sign several times in recent years, but never drove back in there.

Great stuff! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts