Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good ideas for this gun? It will be my first 1911 and I am basically going to want to get a shoulder holster and a belt holster. I'm going to need it to be as concealable as possible but I don't want to get any holster that doesn't have a retention strap for safety reasons. I'm up for any ideas on what to get or what not to get. Right now I carry a S&W 4006 and I'm looking forward to a lighter, more compact carry. My new Kimber is still at the store awaiting the 10 day waiting period and the shop that it's at has a limited selection of holsters. So right now my visitation hours are Mon. - Sat. 8 to 6. and until the pick up date, I'd like to at least get some direction from those who may have a similar set up. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :bier:

·
Registered
702 Posts
10 Days! You must be going nuts. If I had the $$ I can leave with it the same day...however, I guess waiting 10 days is better than not being able to afford it!

I've been looking at Ultra CDP as well and have considered the Mitch Rosen StlyleMaster as a shoulder holster. Not cheap, but good looking.
Here's a link: Rosen Product Line
I've also heard some like the Galco Miami Classic (think that's what it's called) Likely cheaper.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. Man those Rosen's are nice looking! I'll probably keep those in mind for a future purchase. But for now, I think my wife would kill me if I threw that one into the budget. Yikes, so tempting. :image035: The price of the Galco may fit the bill for now as far as a shoulder holster. Have you guys seen the leather belt holster stamped "Kimber" for that model? For some reason, I can't pull up their website but it's at www.kimberamerica.com under accessories I think. That also looks like a pretty good hip holster and is around $100 if you are still planning on getting a Kimber, Snowman. And Diablo, on my current rig, I don't have a shoulder holster that holds magazines. I would like to get one but on that model that you have the link to, should there ever be a worry about one dropping out on the ground say, if you were to run etc.? I tend to be extremely over cautious when it comes to retention.

And yes Snowman, it's been KILLING me with that 10 day wait but the good news is, I get full custody tomorrow, 12/8 :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Have you guys seen the leather belt holster stamped "Kimber" for that model? For some reason, I can't pull up their website but it's at Kimber - 1911 Pistols & Rifles under accessories I think. That also looks like a pretty good hip holster and is around $100 if you are still planning on getting a Kimber, Snowman.
I just pulled that up. Seen them before. Did you notice that the first 3 holsters in the Kimber accessories section are Mitch Rosen holsters? :yup:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats! I love my Kimber so far.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm sure you can get the Mitch Rosen cheaper (e-Bay) but I do like the Kimber logo. If you look around you may find a deal on something else. I bought this like new Milt Sparks 60-TK for the same price from a member here in the for sale section.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I'm sure you can get the Mitch Rosen cheaper (e-Bay) but I do like the Kimber logo. If you look around you may find a deal on something else. I bought this like new Milt Sparks 60-TK for the same price from a member here in the for sale section.

Shadow, that is a great looking holster for a great looking gun.:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that style of holster really does look nice. It also looks like it would be a very quick access set up too. Now I know that 99.99999 percent of the time people carry these with no incident, but I'm one of those who figures that probably the worst is more likely to hit me. Like, IF I were to get into a scuffle with someone and it falls out. (I haven't been in a fist fight in about 25 years but who knows) Or IF it unknowingly works it's way up in the holster and drops out from under my loose shirt at the most inconvienient moment. I've never owned a holster without a thumb strap so it just makes me nervous. I picture myself pushing down on it every few minutes to make sure it hasn't gone anywhere. I know my CCW instructor told us a horror story of him losing his on the ground while making a speech at some meeting. He had the clip-on type though. Do you guys have any concerns here as far as hip holsters? Or am I just being paranoid? And Snowman, I finally could pull up that site and noticed the brand too. They are nice.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Congrats on a a great choice for CCW!

My Ultra CDP II usually travels IWB in a Tucker Answer.

When going OWB, it's in a Tucker HF1, as is the Desert Warrior.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Rod, nice gun. :image035: Thanks a lot guys as all of your posts will help me determine what I'm getting. With a little time, I will probably end up getting all 3 types mentioned to give me a bit more choices, depending on how I'm dressed. Appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:hand13: Nice choice :yup:
Ive carried a Kimber UC2 w/Night Sights & CTC grips myself for about 8 or 9 months now & i must say its my favorite of all the EDC pistols ive carried (Glock 23/19/26, Kahr PM45) so far :image035:
In fact i liked my UC2 so much i bought a Kimber Eclips Target 2 as well, i must say Kimber makes excellent pistols :hand13:

P.S...Sorry I have no holster recommendations that include a retention strap, but iam sure someone will

1 - 14 of 14 Posts