Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that I found a match made in heaven with my M&P40 m2.0 and the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. If you add them up, you get a perfect 5 out of 5 stars in my book.

I just received the new Alien Gear holster, and after adjusting it to my taste I took it for a test drive... Literally! From walking, to sitting, to driving, the full size M&P just feels like it isn't even there. The soft neoprene-backed holster is so soft, yet it is reinforced with steel in just the right places to keep its form, and it holds the full-size pistol snug against the body in the 4 o'clock position. It really seems to melt right into my body without any noticeable pressure points.

I can say without hesitation that the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 is far and away a better holster than the DeSantis Intruder holster, and Crossbreed SuperTuck that it just replaced, even though they all look very much alike. Don't get me wrong, the latter two are exceptional holsters, but the Alien Gear 3.0 is in a league of its own when it comes to comfort.

I've carried full-sized pistols both IWB and OWB for many, many years, and I can tell you with certainty, that this is the most unobtrusive IWB holster that I have ever felt, or not felt.

If you can't tell yet, I am a fan of the Cloak Tuck 3.0, and would say that if you are going to conceal carry a full-size pistol, you really cannot do better than this.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have that same setup for my snubby and love it!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I just used my new Cloak holster for a Glock 19 last night and had to keep checking because I didn't feel it on me. It's that freaking comfortable.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I'm on day 3 with my AG 3.0 and a full size P320. Got this one for cheap so I figured I'd give it a try. The clips are just a bit too small for my Bigfoot belt, but work well with my Wilderness Tactical. It is comfortable, but not any more than the horsehide holsters I use from White Hat. I did notice that my skin was very warm under the backing at the end of the day yesterday, and it only got into the low 70's. That's something I never have a problem with out of my Maxtucks. If it gets worse as the heat sets in, I'll probably switch back.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alien Gear 3.0 Update:

As a real test of comfort, I decided to wear the AG 3.0 on a trip from South Bend, IN to Louisville, KY to attend the Mid America Truck Show. I started my journey by dressing around the AG 3.0 in the early morning, and headed off on my drive of almost 5 hours, followed by a booth, to booth, to booth walk around the 1 million s.f. Kentucky Exposition Center. I then headed out to dinner and then an evening check-in at my hotel, all while wearing the AG 3.0 in invisible comfort. It really did not feel like I was wearing a firearm at all, much less a full-sized handgun at that. The next morning, I reversed the previous days events while wearing the AG 3.0 and found that it was so comfortable while walking, sitting or driving that I REALLY did forget that I had it on.

With all my gushing over the AG 3.0, one would think that I am new to carrying, but nothing could be further from the truth. I have been carrying firearms for decades, and this is the first time I have gushed on any holster... Yes, it is that good.

When concealednation.org held its "The Best Holster In The History Of Ever, Version 2016" survey, Alien Gear came out on top by a very wide margin. I can now see why.

Note: I am not a paid spokesperson for Alien Gear, and I do not hold any stock with the company. I only want to share my experience with a very good product.

Ianthin, I'm not sure of the source of your overheating issue, but I can say for certain, that I the AG 3.0 felt invisible to me during my trip, and it was in the 70's both days. With all the walking, and driving I had to do, I'm sure that if heating was an issue I would have noticed it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish my 3.0 covered the trigger(s) as much as yours. Two different shells and two different guns. That's really the main reason I wont use it. Other than that, it seems to be a well made holster and their customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
that's a good rig. I've had the 3.0 for a few months and it's holding up very well, very comfy. sometimes almost forgettable.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish my 3.0 covered the trigger(s) as much as yours. Two different shells and two different guns. That's really the main reason I wont use it. Other than that, it seems to be a well made holster and their customer service is outstanding.
Easy solution... Call them and they will send you new shells to better cover your trigger. As much as I've read on their customer service, I would be shocked if they didn't replace them without question.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Finding the "right" holster is cupcake icing after finding the same in a (ideal) pistol. It usually takes me a half-dozen tries...on BOTH.
Congrats! :congrats:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Easy solution... Call them and they will send you new shells to better cover your trigger. As much as I've read on their customer service, I would be shocked if they didn't replace them without question.
Yea, I actually already did that. My original shell was for my XD mod.2. They shipped me a second shell and it was the exact fit as the 1st one. I ended up getting rid of that gun and had them ship me a new shell for my new one (Range Officer Champion 1911). Its doing the same thing with a little too much trigger showing (for my taste). I'm sure there are no issues with it if I were to carry with it, I just feel more secure having it completely covered. Alien Gear has been great to deal with every time I have contacted them. Maybe just not the right holster for the guns I keep choosing. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts