1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36,177 Posts
Is that not illegal?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I think someone is about to get a visit from the Feds.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
1000 rounds belt fed Just too cool. Not practical but cool anyway.

Legal as long as the ATF got their due. $200 tax stamp.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
It's a 35+ year old 10/22? Could be...

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Actually, it is easier to make a fully automatic firearm than a semi-auto firearm; the disconnector mechanism is usually the key element to controlling these functions. Most semi-auto firearms can be converted to full-auto function pretty easily, but controlling the cycling can be problematic.

So you submit some paperwork in advance and pay the tax, get your registration from the Treasury Department, do some modifications to the firing controls, and your 10/22 is a registered NFA firearm. No big mystery, procedures haven't changed much over the past 85 years or so. If you want one enough to pay the price and jump through the hoops you can have it.

Of course, from that day forward your name will have a red circle around it on any number of government lists.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Ok couple points ...

1. ONLY a certian class of FFL may legal make a full auto on a form 1 now ..And only for sale to other SOTs or GOV/LEO groups with the correct paperwork and if they gives up his SOT or such he has to turn them in mostly there are some that they are allowed to keep but that is a whole other worms ... You can not make or build a new full auto gun there is no legal way to do it now zero .. The closet you can come is a bineray trigger on a 10/22 or the like no bump or the like stock ..Binary I think is still legal . You can however make your 10/22 into a SBR or if the pistol either a AOW or SBR now just no FA unless a SOT or the like

2. However if a full auto was formed either 1 or what have you before may 1986 ( there is a certain date that is the cut off ) it is legal to own with the tax stamp ... There are a number of options for one wanting to do 22lr full auto :
1. There are number of full auto 10/22 out there either converted gun or trigger packs that can be put into 10/22 I have seen both 10/22 and the AMT lighting clones in FA
2. There are number of Mexcian 1911 pistols in FA and 22lr on the forms the Treijco pistol a number made it back before the 1968 cut off for full auto imports for non leos . They are very fun but only hold 10 or 11 rounds ..Very very high rate of fire
3. Of course there are a good deal of full auto guns that have full auto rated 22lr kits some work others not that great ..Off the top of my head there is FA kits for the ac556/mini 14s , M16, HK guns ,MAC 10 and the like guns and the UZI ..

So tldr that video I think he is a SOT who can own and make full autos no problem .. You as a civilain can only own one if made before may 1986 ..

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Actually, it is easier to make a fully automatic firearm than a semi-auto firearm; the disconnector mechanism is usually the key element to controlling these functions. Most semi-auto firearms can be converted to full-auto function pretty easily, but controlling the cycling can be problematic.

So you submit some paperwork in advance and pay the tax, get your registration from the Treasury Department, do some modifications to the firing controls, and your 10/22 is a registered NFA firearm. No big mystery, procedures haven't changed much over the past 85 years or so. If you want one enough to pay the price and jump through the hoops you can have it.

Of course, from that day forward your name will have a red circle around it on any number of government lists.

Just a fyi you cant legally make a new full auto not since may 86 not legal no way around it unless you are FFL with a SOT or the like .. Just ask the guy who tried to form one a m16 a few years ago....

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

Which is part of the reason I don't even have a suppressor. Now talk about stupid regulations, all the stupid paper work and tax stamp for a suppressor...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
There is a guy here in the Little Rock area who converted Many of these 10/22's to full autos legally before the '86 BS. Many of them were also suppressed. He still deals in transferable pre '86 full autos.
Jonathan Ceiner also converted a bunch of 10/22's.
I've shot one of the locally converted guns. GREAT fun for short bursts of time and quite costly to shoot even as a .22LR.

You can own multiple full autos as an individual. I've known of a few doctors with extensive collections of them. Most of them just smiled when the '86 ban tripled(or more) the value us their collection overnight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts