Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any close family members and a few close friends know I carry. I was a groomsman at my sisters wedding this weekend and while getting suited up, the groom asked: "you're still carrying, right?" I love it! The groom migrated here to VA from southern CA last year.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thats pretty funny. Some of my friends do that too. They ask me if im carrying and I just give them the what do you think look. Weddings are great, you can conceal almost anything in a tux or suit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It'll be great watching him convert. He doesn't have much of a choice up in NoVa, Thanks to the work of PVC and the crew:icon_wink: It'll be like the birth of a newborn baby!!

Packinova, You're a member of VCDL right? I enjoyed reading your posts on PDO. Good to hear from ya!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I would have carried at mine, but church is a no-no in MI. As soon as the ceremony was over, I was outside and put my Para back on.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Funny...I was best man at my brother's wedding this last Saturday in KC, MO; he asked me "You are not carrying...are you?"--he believes you should have a gun when you "need it", but has not defined "when" that "need" should arise. I carry all of the time when not at work

I wasn't carrying in the church (one of MO prohibited places), but strapped on an ankle holster with my P229/.40S&W right after the service.

Why my P229?--my wife didn't want to put my MK9 in her checked baggage (the airline we flew on only allowed one weapon per checked bag, otherwise, I had to pay an additional $65). Ergo, Household-6 determined one gun was enough for this trip. Next time, I'm paying the $65.

BTW--after we got to KC, MO, my wife was glad I was carrying...there were some very sketchy people in some of the places we went to.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Sir

G21-HD said:
It'll be great watching him convert. He doesn't have much of a choice up in NoVa, Thanks to the work of PVC and the crew:icon_wink: It'll be like the birth of a newborn baby!!

Packinova, You're a member of VCDL right? I enjoyed reading your posts on PDO. Good to hear from ya!
I don't always have the time to participate in the activities, but I like knowing that my support is being put to GREAT USE. VCDL is a great knowledgeable group and fully worth every penny for membership.

As far as the convert, I think it's already happened. He's already looking at taking some nra sactioned classes before going to get his CCW here in va. I've been taking him to ranges off and on so he can try out various guns. So far I think he likes both the 4" 1911 I carry and a Sig p229, although he seems more partial to the 229.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah we had no issues

freakshow10mm said:
I would have carried at mine, but church is a no-no in MI. As soon as the ceremony was over, I was outside and put my Para back on.
The wedding was outside on property we had reserved out in horse country. Great location BTW. That, and the minister was a close relative so there were no issues there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts