Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out to dinner w/ my 2 kids. 9 ansd 11 yr. old girls. I was wearing a t shirt, shorts and a short sleeve button down shirt for a cover garment. This old couple kept giving me dirty looks as I walked to the buffet and back.
they had me spooked that my .45 was printing or was exposed. I discretely checked once back in the booth, but no it was covered. Not sure what to make of em. I was not dressed all that sloppily or should have attracted their attention so much.
Funny cause usually I get smiles from most folks I encounter, as I am a fairly clean cut and friendly person. I encounter all sorts of folks during my job, so am ata loss as to this couples attitude.
Maybe i busted their kid or grand kid , who knows. :confused:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Betcha it was a case of mistaken identity...

·
Registered
577 Posts
if thats you in the picture you look a bit like jack bauwer from 24.

"Exit from the rear, NOW!!!"

Maybe the gun bulged just for a second and they happened to be looking

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think they spotted the gun. My 1911 is slim enough , it hides well enough. They didn't look scared or worried, just slightly peeved. It just seemed odd, cause usually I have a positive reation from most folks, unless I am doing my job. Jack Bauer?:icon_neutral: I'm not that tough.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Musta been some vibes Rocky :wink:

Maybe somehow you had an ''LP'' look and they had just recently been ''done'' when thieving! :18: Or maybe they saw you take the last of the crab legs :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No crab legs for me, was actually chinese food. I have been busy apprehending deviants , but none as old as those folks.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
were you perchance wearing socks and sandals with your shorts , some of us on the board consider that ..... ermm well nevermind LOL

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no socks and sandals.:gah: I'm not that old!:wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ok, ok - LOL!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
You’re lucky they didn’t call the fashion police. Just the shorts and knobby knees are enough to make me stare and broadcast a mental image of full length pants, take the hint. ;)

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
so you was eating all of the food and not leaving any for the old people.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hmmm, I dunno what to tell ya Rocky - maybe you were faster on the draw up to the buffet bar than they were.

I'm used to getting odd looks while out in public. I often hear whispers like 'His poor mother', but I dunno why. :haha:

·
Registered
233 Posts
******* Repairs said:
were you perchance wearing socks and sandals with your shorts , some of us on the board consider that ..... ermm well nevermind LOL

You're never gonna live that one down, are ya P95?!? :hand5: :rofl:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
rocky said:
Jack Bauer?:icon_neutral: I'm not that tough.
LOL :rofl: No one is!

Maybe they thought you were someone else? Mistaken identity?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get those looks quite alot in the summer time from people because im pretty heavily tattooed. Even though i got most of my tats while serveing in the Marine Corps some 20 + years ago they probably thing im some kind of biker or ex con, which is not the case. So over the years i've learned to ignore it with the old attitude of if you dont like it , dont look. I do however try to cover up while im at church or any other big social event.

HARDCORE

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've been out to dinner with my wife and three very well behaved children and have gotten "unpleased" looks from older people. It seems that older people either love children and temporarily "adopt" your children as their grandchildren or they don't like them at all.

I'm not suggesting that your children are running rampant and disturbing others but it seems some older people do not enjoy having children around when they are out to dinner.

·
Super Moderator
25,571 Posts
You should have used that old New York/Joey line, "You lookin' at ME?", that way you'd know. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Papascout, you may be right. My kids were well behaved and quiet. (no always the case). Guess some folks like to have something to complaint about too.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts