Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most members , I have to many SD handguns ... But ... Im pondering on my next SD handgun purchase for 2020 ?

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Like most members , I have to many SD handguns ... But ... Im pondering on my next SD handgun purchase for 2020 ?
I think I'm fine for next year. :rolleyes: (evil laughter in the background!) O K, what's on your radar?

Reactions: ETXhiker

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,894 Posts
If I buy something, I have to sell something. My safe is full. I refuse to buy a second safe because it would lead to number three, four, and five.

A friend, retired from a LEO agency, has six very large safes in one of the bays in his three car garage and still doesn't have enough room for all of his guns.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Too many guns is almost enough

if i buy something, i have to sell something. My safe is full. I refuse to buy a second safe because it would lead to number three, four, and five.

A friend, retired from a leo agency, has six very large safes in one of the bays in his three car garage and still doesn't have enough room for all of his guns.

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
No plans for either of us. That does not mean we will not buy something during the year - just that we have no "I want, I need, I gotta have" items on our list. Now.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I slowed down my buying a good bit in 2019; I've just about got all the handguns I want. That said, if I stumble onto a killer deal I'll probly still grab it.

I find myself thinking about rifles and shotguns more. I think a bullpup shotgun will likely be my next, and I'll be on the lookout for a used big bore lever. I might also pick up a bolt action .308 to find how bad of a shot I really am at 500 yards.

·
Registered
18,304 Posts
I have no immediate needs or wants for anything at this time.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
No handguns I just got rid of 3 and I have one more to off load. I do want to find an old beater 870 to put my 18" barrel on so I can have a bear gun that I can toss under the truck seat or hang above the RV door. My hunting gun is just too nice of wood and high gloss blue to bang up that way. Only other gun I have a want for is a 357 magnum lever gun.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
You know, I’m about to utter pure, unadulterated heresy.

Cover the children’s ears & eyes now, please...

I’m set as far as it comes to defensive carry handguns—I really, truly am. From full-size duty autos & revolvers, to mid-sized models of both for more concealed carry, to small/subcompact for discreet carry, to downright tiny for covert—I’ve got every blasted angle covered.

That being said...I really want to find my “grail”—a small-mid sized 9mm with an excellent trigger, 12+ capacity, and (wait for it) a hammer. Wilson EDC 9 tops my list...but it looks like CZ is about to come out with something similar...and to be honest, the perfect beast would be a wide body, Officer’s Model size 1911...but that’s a bloody unicorn, there. I also like the looks of the Sig P229 SAO...or if I could just find a chopped down Hi-Power.

So, there’s that.

Reactions: ETXhiker and OD*
1 - 20 of 83 Posts