Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot ofyou may know this and some may not. If you live in Ar. your CCW is not covered in Ms., Al., Ga.,La. and living in Ar. and going to Memphis it is very easy to wind up in Ms. and not even know it. To be covered. Most thought to get a Tn. non resident for $120 (if I remember correctly) was the answer. BUT, I found out that you can get a NH. non resident for $20.00 ,it's good for four years, got mine back in eight days, and picked up five more states on my CCW. Hope this helps someone. Helped me a lot as my son is in the USAF in Ga. I was good in Fl. but have to go through all the other states to get there. Now I'm good to go.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check that one out. I believe that this is what this all about helping each other and getting information out.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Don't ya just love it?? you can present papers for a Non-Resident permit in NH..........and recieve it within 8DAYS!! and for 20 bucks...............I pay 15 for mine and I'm a NH resident.....all i gotta do is go to my local Chief........sign the App and they'll mail it to me within a week........

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
What is the relevant address info for an NH application? I guess some forms will be required initially.

I have FL but this sounds more than useful to add.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Do you guys apply for these permits by mail, or do you actually take a trip to the state to apply???

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx a lot dr - I will check that out right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm no connection - maybe their server is down.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Chris, the server is up for me. I tried to attach the pdf of the app, but it is bigger than is allowed.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I find that the FL and Utah permits are the best. However, I have 5 including my own state. Maybe I will add the NH if I can do it by mail.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
dr - tried again - bingo! Yep must have a short server outage.

I have snagged the PDF and will look thru that later - many thx again. :smilez:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
AnimalKracker said:
I found out that you can get a NH. non resident for $20.00 ,it's good for four years, got mine back in eight days, and picked up five more states on my CCW.
For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?

What did you answer for this?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is what you put in response to why you want it. Matter of fact if you read the form closely it tells you. FOR ALL LEGAL PURPOSES, AND SELF DEFENSE Check out packing.org for the forms. This can help not only Ar residents but others also. Tn. non-resident would do as much IF not more, but quite alot more money and lots more trouble to get.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CLASS3NH said:
Don't ya just love it?? you can present papers for a Non-Resident permit in NH..........and recieve it within 8DAYS!! and for 20 bucks...............I pay 15 for mine and I'm a NH resident.....all i gotta do is go to my local Chief........sign the App and they'll mail it to me within a week........
They ALL need to be this easy. The people applying for permits are not the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?

What did you answer for this?"

I await AnimalKracker's reply, but when applying for my CCW in Iowa, the Sheriff's office recommended that when in doubt enter "Demonstrably Qualified" whenever asked why you are applying for a permit/license to carry.

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts
NH and UT Non-Resident CHL's:

As Texas CHL holders, and as "wanderers", my wife and I tabulated the additional states we could "pick up" with either of the above non-resident CHL's. Based on the information on packing.org, we found the following:

Utah would add the following to our Texas CHL "coverage":

Alabama
Minnesota
NH
Ohio
Tennessee
Washington

A NH license would add:

Alabama
NH

This is based on our quick and dirty analysis, and carries the same legal caveats as packing.org does, ya da ya da ya da, etc. Use at your own risk, ya da ya da ya da :image035:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts