Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a place here in Flagstaff, Arizona called the Pistol Parlor. Somehow it eluded me until a week ago. The store specializes in custom guns including 1911's.

There is a website that has pics and prices: http://www.reedercustomguns.com/index.html

I met Kase Reeder who does the custom 1911's. Now I'm thinking about one for myself.

Has anyone here had any custom gun made from these folks? Just wondering, as I'm thinking about buying a 1911. Regarding 1911's, this would be my first.

- Nick

·
Super Moderator
22,007 Posts
I know several people with Gary's single action revolvers, but none with his 1911s.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have heard of Gary before but the first time I have seen his site. Don't think you can wrong with Gary, the website pretty much say's it all and the 1911's he offers are a bargin if you ask me for a full custom. The 1* Pkg would be a very sweet weapon to go with if you are thinking of a custom 1911.

I am a custom - semi-custom 1911 guy so what Gary is offering put's a very big smile on my face. I will be looking at Gary for my next one. He's been around for 20 years in the business, that's nothing to sniff at for sure.

Ti.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's nice to hear that he's well thought of. Just going in his shop and looking over the guns impressed me, yet the Reeder family were all helpful and easygoing folks too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow - he has some amazing stuff in there. Everything I looked at was super gorgeous and way out of my price range! If they work half as good as they look, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a gun from him. Seems to be very established as well, which would help resale.

[on edit] Resale value probably isn't too important to someone buying their dream gun.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scratchy wilson said:
Just picked up a Condition One on Thursday. If you happened to see a Wilson Combat Protector in the used gun case, 'tis mine...
As a matter of fact, I did notice a Wilson Combat in the used gun case there.

All the 1911's look nice.

I'll have to see what my budget allows me, but I'm pretty certain I'll be buying a 1911 there pretty soon. :hand10:

duckhunter said:
If they work half as good as they look, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a gun from him
From what i've read so far, including that Combat Handgun article, it looks promising. Maybe scratchy wilson will be able to give a review later on the Condition One. :wink:

- Nick

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nick said:
Maybe scratchy wilson will be able to give a review later on the Condition One. :wink:
OK scratchy, I guess you've been tasked. We'll be expecting a full range report with plenty of pics. Come on, you've had that thing since Thursday! :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts