Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new holster for my G19. I have a Blackpoint Tactical Little Wing that I like ok for colder weather since I'm going to have a jacket anyways, but I simply don't like the fact that it doesn't move with me and does next to nothing to push the grip into my body. I've been trying to break myself of 3:30 carry and try out AIWB, but I'm not 100% sold I'll be able to move to it exclusively. I currently run a Multi Holsters iwb for my Shield and I don't have a single complaint. I'm able to switch back and forth if I want and am able carry AIWB with just gym shorts with a draw string. The 19 is a whole other monster when it comes to size. I'm not a large guy (5'11, 185), athletic build, so I feel like appendix is doable with a larger guy, I think I just have the wrong rig for it.

I've seen a ton of good things about the Eclipse and the angled clip looks to add some of the function I'm missing from the Blackpoint. The Tulster and Multi are essentially the same thing, but the Tulster has the function to adjust the cant in-between 0-15 which I like.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not familiar with the Tulster or the Multi. I do have a G Code incog, which I like. You should also consider Huckleberry Tactical if considering AIWB for the 19.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I love the Multi Elite holsters, but I don't think they're available with a straight drop. I carry just in front of my right hip (2:30 or so) and the FBI cant works well there, but if you're going to carry somewhere around 1:00, I don't see how that forward cant is going to work. You might want to check out serious AIWB holsters like JM Custom Kydex which are available with foam wedges to push the barrel out and the grip into your body, as well as claws to push the butt end of the grip in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Multi Elite for my Shield has an adjustable cant on it, 0 or 15. They're available on Amazon and could be at my door in 2 days. The Tulster is actually available too. This holster is going to be a transition phase of sorts. I eventually want to go AIWB, but all I've learned thus far is that it's going to take some real tweaking, plus it gives me time to finish getting the little bit of a gut off haha. I want something that will work for both AIWB and 3:30ish. I realize this won't be ideal for appendix, but at least it will provide me with options, even if that involves switching some screws around depending on the day. Really just looking for something to hold me over and evaluate whether AIWB is a viable long term option for me. I figure if I can make it work with a simple, single-clip kydex style, it'll only get better with a dedicated appendix/sidecar type rig. Either way I need something to replace my Blackpoint. Some people swear by them, but it's a print nightmare for me unless I've got a jacket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
94278FA0-23F4-45CD-9C54-2E25E9E902F7.jpg I went with Tulster after a ton of research and questioning friends on what they like in a holster. I too carry a 19 and carry only in AIWB, as i find its the easiest to hide and comfortable. The adjustable cant is a nice feature as well and they even include a threadlok pack (holds the retention screws in place, highly recommend using this because I've lost one of the screws that i DIDNT use the threadlok on but Tulster was awesome and sent me a new hardware kit and even another sticker!) Point is i love the holster and highly recommend Tulster. Being a Tulsa resident i also get the added bonus of shopping local.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts