Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear in 50 words or less why the G19 is so great.

I will then archive the best answer and repost it in every "why Glock?" thread I see.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Now where is that can of worms thingy in the list.

Reactions: oldskeetshooter

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
My response from a "Why Glock" thread a few months ago:

Glocks are possibly the best value out there. They are uber reliable weapons and they can be had for much less money than a lot of the other top-tier guns. You can get a brand new Glock in the $500 range where Sigs, H&K, Walther, Kimber et al cost significantly more.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
There are many reasons why the Glock 19 is preferable to other firearms: low price, reliable, cheap magazines (when compared to Sig/Walther), availability of parts, lower bore axis (= better accuracy), higher magazine capacity, magazines are interchangeable with other Glocks of the same caliber, lighter than many competing pistols, and because Gunny says so.

Reactions: atctimmy

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
The G19 does everything I need it to do and it does it well enough for me that I feel confident that I am recommending a decent firearm.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Reload!

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Reload!

Notice a pattern?

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
50 words really isn't much of an essay.

That's really more in the realm of a blurb.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I would like to hear in 50 words or less why the G19 is so great.

I will then archive the best answer and repost it in every "why Glock?" thread I see.
Looks like timmy is trying to open a worm farm. :wink:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I could buy a g19 brand new today 7/20/2013 and along with it buy a complete spare parts set with barrel for another couple hundred at most and the gun would last until or beyond 7/20/2053 no problem with normal range use all for what ? $750 dollars ... ? Speculation..a Little. We really don't even know how long glocks will last because they've only been in the states for a few decades, But in those few decades they have proven themselves time and time again.

Simple
Reliable
Affordable
Resilient

·
Premium Member
9,079 Posts
For a Kool Aid drinker, the monosyllabic name "Glock" is easy for him to remember and pronounce, and the numerical designator 19 is just within his counting range.

(Sorry Glock fans, it's a great gun, but you have such a rep I just couldn't resist. And yes, I know you can all count to at least 39.).

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
For a Kool Aid drinker, the monosyllabic name "Glock" is easy for him to remember and pronounce, and the numerical designator 19 is just within his counting range.

(Sorry Glock fans, it's a great gun, but you have such a rep I just couldn't resist. And yes, I know you can all count to at least 39.).
Thems some harsh words commin' from a feller with a rainbow colored, monkey puppet avatar! :comeandgetsome:

Reactions: PEF

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
And yes, I know you can all count to at least 39.).
Lol!! Unfortunately, I my wife and I both have to take our shoes off for me to get to 39

Reactions: PEF

·
Registered
10,319 Posts

Just imagine how confused they'll all get when there's a Glock 40, if it's not chambered in .40. :evillaugh:

Reactions: 65108 and PEF
1 - 20 of 39 Posts