Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I attended the SHOT show for the first time this past week. Pretty amazing event.

I got to handle both a pistol with a Trijicon RMR as well as a Sig P320 RX Compact 9MM. I am 64 and already use both reading glasses and computer glasses. Although I can see my front sight on my G19 fine at this point, I know my vision is not going to improve in the future.

I am considering purchasing either a G19 with an RMR or a Sig P320RX. The cost will work out to within $100.00 if I buy the Sig as I already have a G19 holster (which I would have to cut down the sweat guard), a mag carrier, and spare magazines. So, cost is not a major issue. I also see an advantage in having a back-up lower and plenty of magazines.

On the other side, I like the Sig trigger a lot (yes, I know I can replace the trigger on the Glock).

If you have either one of these, I would be interested in hearing from you about your experience with them. Thank you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would go for the Sig simply because I find it much more comfortable.
On top of that you can always make yourself a compact out of it for a fraction of the cost of you ever want to carry it.
P320 is my next handgun but AR comes first :)

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I really don't like glocks grip angles . Just to different from other normal grip angles I grew up with but saying that YOU own and shoot a glock now and if the glock optic ready model offers the option of different brand of dot optics like m&p core offers then buy the glock . I have not read where the sig will work with other brands . It may but might be worth checking that out first as optic choices may be limited and what dot size sig offers . Not so great eyes need larger dots, 6moa to 9moa for short range defensive needs . You will be learning to pick up a dot quickly but with the sig you will compound your learning curve do to a grip angle change too .

I like a sig p320 far more than a glock and carry a p320 but this is YOUR choice .

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not read where the sig will work with other brands . It may but might be worth checking that out first as optic choices may be limited and what dot size sig offers .
I spoke with people at the Sig and Trijicon booths regarding the use of optics other than Sig's Romeo. Unfortunately, at the moment, the Sig will not accommodate Trijicon's RMR, which is what I would prefer. There is a recent review of the SIG P320RX in Guns and Ammo magazine. In their testing, they managed to break the Sig red dot. This does not inspire a lot of confidence in me.

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
tough decision. I carry a glock, and favor it simply because parts are everywhere. I think the sig trigger feels smoother though.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've owned 2 glock 19s, a glock 23, and a glock 43.

I now have a p320 rx. In my opinion, its more than just a better trigger. The end factor for me is I shoot the sig (and the VP9 i had before it) so much better than my glocks.
1. Trigger is fantastic
2. Front Slide serrations
3. Comes with surpressor height night sights STOCK, that cowintness
4. The Romeo1 is great for me so far
5. The entire package is made by Sig and warrantied by sig
6. Grip modules - I have a small on order to try. While grip modules might not get some people excited, there is a lot of added function. Easy to add different colors and sizes. If your grip gets really beat up, or you want to try your hand at stippling, its cheap to get a new one.

cropped sig.jpg

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've owned 2 glock 19s, a glock 23, and a glock 43. I now have a p320 rx. In my opinion, its more than just a better trigger. The end factor for me is I shoot the sig (and the VP9 i had before it) so much better than my glocks.
Thanks. That's the kind of info I was hoping to get.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I don't own the RX but I do have the FDE version of the 320C. It's a great gun! The trigger is much better than any of the 3 glocks that I currently own. I don't think you will be disappointed with a 320. I also shoot my 320 better than any other plastic pistol that I have ever owned.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've owned 2 glock 19s, a glock 23, and a glock 43.

I now have a p320 rx. In my opinion, its more than just a better trigger. The end factor for me is I shoot the sig (and the VP9 i had before it) so much better than my glocks.
1. Trigger is fantastic
2. Front Slide serrations
3. Comes with surpressor height night sights STOCK, that cowintness
4. The Romeo1 is great for me so far
5. The entire package is made by Sig and warrantied by sig
6. Grip modules - I have a small on order to try. While grip modules might not get some people excited, there is a lot of added function. Easy to add different colors and sizes. If your grip gets really beat up, or you want to try your hand at stippling, its cheap to get a new one.

View attachment 170938
I've been looking for small grip modules for months! Where did you find one?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks. That's the kind of info I was hoping to get.
Also for the record, I really liked my glocks, but I kept trying to change them in small ways to help me shoot it better. Eventually, I tried a VP9. It was kind of like going from standard definition TV (and thinking it was great/normal), to high def. The p320 was a lateral move from the VP9 because I wanted the red dot package and liked the stainless. I view the p320 and VP9 on the exact same terms, but the RX package made me switch to it.

·
Premium Member
36,691 Posts
My wife and I attended the SHOT show for the first time this past week. Pretty amazing event.

I got to handle both a pistol with a Trijicon RMR as well as a Sig P320 RX Compact 9MM. I am 64 and already use both reading glasses and computer glasses. Although I can see my front sight on my G19 fine at this point, I know my vision is not going to improve in the future.

I am considering purchasing either a G19 with an RMR or a Sig P320RX. The cost will work out to within $100.00 if I buy the Sig as I already have a G19 holster (which I would have to cut down the sweat guard), a mag carrier, and spare magazines. So, cost is not a major issue. I also see an advantage in having a back-up lower and plenty of magazines.

On the other side, I like the Sig trigger a lot (yes, I know I can replace the trigger on the Glock).

If you have either one of these, I would be interested in hearing from you about your experience with them. Thank you.
I have two reflexive-sight-equipped Glocks, and no SIGS.

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have two reflexive-sight-equipped Glocks, and no SIGS.
And, how do you like them? Any issues/problems? I have read at least one article where the author claimed the brass was ejected towards the sight. Are you running suppressor sights, too?

·
Premium Member
36,691 Posts
And, how do you like them? Any issues/problems? I have read at least one article where the author claimed the brass was ejected towards the sight. Are you running suppressor sights, too?
No issues or problems. I have a tough time understanding the physics required to put an ejected shell casing into the RMR. It seems very unlikely.

Yes, I have Suppressor sights on both of them. Those sights require a deeper sight channel than the ones found on many holsters.

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I have Suppressor sights on both of them. Those sights require a deeper sight channel than the ones found on many holsters.
Oh! So what did you do for a holster? I didn't think about that issue!!! I wear OWB with a Raven Concealment preferred.

·
Premium Member
36,691 Posts
Oh! So what did you do for a holster? I didn't think about that issue!!! I wear OWB with a Raven Concealment preferred.
I make my own.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts