Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Glock 29

Votes: 17 73.9%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious which one you prefer. The G29 could possibly be used as a carry gun although it is thick, whereas the G20 would make the ideal woods gun. If you could only have one - Which do you prefer and why??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Due to the shorter slide, I have several ways to carry my G29 both concealed and in the woods. My G20 is a range only gun now. If I had to choose only one, without question it would be my G29.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
For me the G29 fits both applications, CC and firepower.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Of the two listed I would go with a 29. You can always stick a 20 mag in it to get the higher capacity. My 29 conceals very well, especially with the stock 10 round mag in it.

I am lucky and have both, well sort of, I have a 21 with a 20 barrel that shoots 10mm just fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Same reason I would choose (and have) a Glock 19 over a Glock 17...Same firepower in a smaller pistol for better concealment and portability...There's nothing the G20 can do that the G29 can't do just as good, plus you have the added benefit of being able to carry it concealed if need be. Double-duty beats single-duty for me...I'm not sure that the G29 isn't the best handgun out there right now...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't have the G29, but do have the G20. It's big, but not too big to carry. Obviously the G29 would conceal better, but for that, I use either the G23 or G27.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a G29, smaller for CCW.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Personally I'd get the 29. :yup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked the G20 but I've already got baby glocks and a G30 so the 20 would round things out.
If you don't have a CC gun then get the G29. You can't go wrong with the 10mm.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If CCW isn't a primary reason for purchase I'd get the big boy. Obviously you need to decide what it will be used for mainly and go from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts