Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable IWB holster? I realize it's different for everybody, so just toss some suggestions. I'm open for trying anything until I find one that fits for me!

-TL

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Check the mega-holster sticky at the top. Lots of good stuff on the front page (vendors) too. Like you say, it's different for everybody.

Good luck.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
In order of my most favorite first (and this includes comfort priority as well)......Galco SkyOps, DeSantis Scorpion (kydex), and Don Hume M715. SkyOps is modular and very comfortable and also tuckable. The DeSantis scorpion will fit all of the Glock models in the 9mm, 40S&W, and 357SIG, and solid kydex..it's my favorite to carry exposed under a jacket IWB, then untuck my shirt to go over it if I take off the jacket. The Don Hume is functional, and quick on and off for the single belt clip, and straight drop presentation with a reinforced mouth. I don't use my Don Hume very often unless I'm carrying close to appendix....I can deal with it, but not all day like some of my others. It is what it is. Between the Galco and DeSantis, I probably use them equally, and either of them I can wear all day without discomfort of any kind, but the Galco SkyOps is more of a proper wear holster for me, and the DeSantis Scorpion is something I can really get down to work in......I've laid on it and changed the oil in my vehicles in the driveway with it. With the three holsters I've mentioned, I'm good for any place, any time, or doing anything while properly dressed for most occasions. Carried the G19 in all of them, and now it's my G23. I've carried the G17, G19, G23, and the G27 in the Scorpion though, and my wife is using the Don Hume for her G27 right now. Out of all my holsters, the Don Hume is working out the best for her right now, but I bought her a dedicated holster that will be here soon for the G26/27 from The Holster Store so she will have a bit less of the compact size Glock holster for her sub-compact Glock to deal with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for all of the info thus far. I was checking out the SkyOps, but it's not available until Dec 3rd! Probably shouldn't complain as that isn't all that far away :p

I'm pondering ordering it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Comp-Tac Minotaur is very comfortable and hides the moderate bulk of the 23 well. (I have mine on as I write this, and it's so comfortable that I sort of forgot it was there until after I finished writing)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will 2nd the comp-tac minotaur . It's very comfy and hides the "bulkyness " very well . I carry a G23 every day in this holster and I have no complaints .

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I have over 3 dozen holsters from this guy...

HOLSTERS

·
Registered
88 Posts
I carry my G23 in a K&D Dakota Defender. Comfortable, tuckable, adjustable cant and depth.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot to note that I sit in an office 8-9 hours a day. Something that is comfortable while sitting is a must. I can't picture 3:00 being very comfortable while sitting. I also can picture a 5:00-6:00 to be adaquate as when sitting, the shirt tends to pull up a bit, leaving the firearm not concealed.

I was thinking possibly 6:00 but I'd have to go buy longer shirts (not a problem). How comfortable is it sitting for long periods of time?

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Thank you very much for all of the info thus far. I was checking out the SkyOps, but it's not available until Dec 3rd! Probably shouldn't complain as that isn't all that far away :p

I'm pondering ordering it!
I see them every now and then on EBay. There was one for a full size G17 on there this past week used. Earlier this year, the SkyOps holster could be found for around $55 retail just about anywhere. Now you can't find them for much less than $65. Prices go up on everything. Even my favorite Reese's cups four pack at Wal Mart went up from $1 to $1.08. It's getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see them every now and then on EBay. There was one for a full size G17 on there this past week used. Earlier this year, the SkyOps holster could be found for around $55 retail just about anywhere. Now you can't find them for much less than $65. Prices go up on everything. Even my favorite Reese's cups four pack at Wal Mart went up from $1 to $1.08. It's getting ridiculous.
LOL @ Reese's comment!

Cost of living goes up, salary decreases or remains the same. Damn economy huh?

And thanks, I'll check out ebay :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm in the office with one other guy who I highly doubt will have a problem with it. If it prints a bit, so be it. I'm pondering an OWB at 3:00 for work, and IWB for everything else.

I'll have to continue digging. :)

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I'm in the office with one other guy who I highly doubt will have a problem with it. If it prints a bit, so be it. I'm pondering an OWB at 3:00 for work, and IWB for everything else.

I'll have to continue digging. :)
Since you're pondering an OWB then I might suggest looking at the Mitch Rosen upper limit line for your G23. Ultra high ride, excellent retention, and conforms very nicely in that 3 o'clock location in my opinion. First holster I ever bought online, and the best I've ever had for my G27.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How comfortable is the Galco SkyOps holster? This is about in my price range for my first holster. I know I'll be accumulating more as time goes on :) Any other suggestions for around this 60-70 price range? IWB/OWB, I guess it doesn't matter right now.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
at this time i am using the glaco u.d.c. holster and a older model of the ultimate second amendment holster with my glock 23. they both are well made and work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts