Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please specify if you are a certified Glock armorer.
My question is fairly simple. I've read countless threads about down-converting (large caliber down to 9mm). Most of what I've read would lead me to believe I can't up-convert my 9mm to a larger caliber.
However, I bumped into a guy at the range a while back who claimed he was a certified GA. He told me it was possible as the frames on the G26 and G27 were the same. (and the .357 sig i think, can't remember the model #)
He told me you'd have to change the barrel, slide and recoil spring.

Part of my reason for asking is ammo availability. I'd prefer not to shell out another $500+ on a new gun just to ensure I can find ammo to feed the little beast.
I know, I know. "why didn't you just buy the .357 sig in the first place, dummy! Then you could drop a 9mm barrel in and go"
Hindsight, lessons learned, etc.

I specified CGA's because they know Glock's the best, and I'm more inclined to believe them if they tell me the guy at the range was a wack-job.

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
I called Glockmeister or TopGlock about this very issue (don't remember which). You can indeed put a G27 upper on a G26 lower. You would also need to change the ejector and get new magazines.

The total cost was only about $100 less than buying a new gun. Just not worth it, IMHO.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
You can convert, but it is not cost effective. Its not as easy as just swapping barrel and slide, like 10thmtn pointed out.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I am an armorer. Like the others have said it is possible but not real cost effective.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I called Glockmeister or TopGlock about this very issue (don't remember which). You can indeed put a G27 upper on a G26 lower. You would also need to change the ejector and get new magazines.

The total cost was only about $100 less than buying a new gun. Just not worth it, IMHO.
I think you've receieved your best answer here.

Your reasons for converting are why I now recommend a Glock 23/32 to people over the Glock 19. I consider the Glock 19 to be the "best" Glock made, and the only one I own at present. The 26/27/33 are the smaller respective cousins, with the 26 being the 9mm version.

No, I'm not a Glock Armorer, but I do know a few personally. :)

Biker

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I wasn't able to research the cost of parts because so much of what I'd read said it couldn't be done.
I think I'll just wait until I can afford one, and buy the whole gun. :eek:)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I think I'll just wait until I can afford one, and buy the whole gun. :eek:)
Right answer! Glocks are simple so do not complicate the issue, and two guns are always better than one right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts