Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed XS Big Dot sights on my G26 a couple weeks ago and had the chance to run 100 rounds of ammo through my G26 yesterday and could not be more please with these sights on this handgun. It took me a couple mags to get the hang of using these sights but since I am a proponent of point shooting anyway it was easy to just focus on quickly placing the big front dot on the target for fast sight acquisition. Quick hits center mass was very easy. You don't even need to worry about lining up the rear sights when shooting out to 15 yards. If your form is good its no problem at all. I have Trijicons on several other handguns but I think XS sights are the perfect sights for a compact CCW handgun.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
...but since I am a proponent of point shooting anyway it was easy to just focus on quickly placing the big front dot on the target for fast sight acquisition...[/IMG]
That's what were talking about.:yup:

It's easy to like a Glock...thanks for posting!:bier:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I am going to put big dot sights on my G27 shortly. Can't wait to give them a try.
Mike

·
Registered
862 Posts
Looks great! nice pic also!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the report. I've been considering these sites. They appear make good sense for use on a CC pistol.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
+1, I got XS Big Dots on my XD9sc! The only way to go as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have Trijicons on my 27 and wonder how they compare to the XS Big Dots. Is there a big difference? I haven't seen the XS in person.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have Trijicons on my 27 and wonder how they compare to the XS Big Dots. Is there a big difference? I haven't seen the XS in person.
The XS big dots appear to be brighter than the Trijicons on my G19. As far as fast target acquisition the XS sights beat the Trijicons hands down IMO. At CCW/CQC distances I think they are the better option at least for me. They are at a disadvantage for pinpoint accuracy at distances past 25 yards but thats not an issue with this G26. These are for CQC not shooting games. I think the Youtube video is a very accurate representation of the sight picture and the type of results you acheive with some practice with thses sights.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks guys. I do like the way the XS sights look in the demo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts