Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have been promoted to AGM (and soon to be overseeing 2 restaurants in an operational manner...go me!!!)...IWB carry is annoying and uncomfortable. I wear a suit everyday now. I am looking for a nice OWB holster for my G26 (with extended mag).

Shoulder holster is not going to work...leaning over tables and the like will expose to guests...

I tried a Glaco leather holster (sorry, do not remember the model number), it rode to high.

Current IWB holster is the "Split Decision" IWB by High Noon Holsters (which I love btw!!!)...I need something that carries at the same level (height) on my waist as my current IWB holster.

Ideal holster - Black, Leather, Good price, rides at same height as current IWB holster, makes me look dead sexy.

Thanks all!!!
Nick

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Check out post #24 in this thread. I'm going this direction for the OWB option for my G26. The ride height is perfect IMO for low profile OWB carry. :hand10:

GBK

·
Registered
35 Posts
TTGunleather

Since you have now stepped up into the executive class (congrats BTW:congrats:) you should step up to the TTGunleather. I would recommend the standard Pancake holster (sharkskin upgrade is only $20 and is SWEEEEET!). Very comfortable and upscale. The best in quality, customer service, style, and functionality.

Pancake holster

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Now that I have been promoted to AGM (and soon to be overseeing 2 restaurants in an operational manner...go me!!!)...IWB carry is annoying and uncomfortable. I wear a suit everyday now. I am looking for a nice OWB holster for my G26 (with extended mag).

Shoulder holster is not going to work...leaning over tables and the like will expose to guests...

I tried a Glaco leather holster (sorry, do not remember the model number), it rode to high.

Current IWB holster is the "Split Decision" IWB by High Noon Holsters (which I love btw!!!)...I need something that carries at the same level (height) on my waist as my current IWB holster.

Ideal holster - Black, Leather, Good price, rides at same height as current IWB holster, makes me look dead sexy.

Thanks all!!!
Nick
So what happens when you want to take off that suit jacket in the restaurant? You're looking for a low riding to medium OWB holster for a G26? A holster under a suit jacket making you "dead sexy"? In my opinion, investments in items other than holsters will likely get what you're looking for dollar for dollar. All in all, I think your asking for a tall order, but I'm sure it can be found. It's where the grip of the pistol is that often dictates holster drop from the belt and depth. We are talking about a G26 here, and the grip itself shouldn't be below the top of the belt line to my thinking. What you're looking for would likely be a custom build. And if you want "sexy", maybe something in shark skin or lizard? Good luck with it, and be sure to post when you've found that perfect holster for that perfect dinner date or luncheon. Dine in, or carry out?:wink:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
For the ocassions that I wear a suit, I use this... FIST, INC.
The picture makes the big gun and little guy look different then when I wear my Glock slightly off the spine and over my kidney. Palm out draw for easy retrieval, and it can't be seen when the coat is open...works for me.:yup::image035::scruntiny:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Galco Concealable

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Daily suit and tie guy here. FIST K4A w/velcro clip. I use this setup and it holds and conceals my G33 very well.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Thanks all!!!
Nick
I have used a Galco FLETCH holster for years never had a problem with it riding high. I have also used there Combat Master and Avenger Belt holsters. Found them to be just what I needed. Yet I am 6'1" so I do not have a problem finding a holster to use.

Are you tall and long waisted or short and short waisted? The reason I ask is my brother has the same problem with when he uses one of my holsters. He is tall but has a short torso yet long legs. He is kind of goofy looking. But he is blood so I try to help him.

Have you thought about using a VM2 so you can tuck in your shirt?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Crossbreed Snapslide. Attractive, great rentention and crossbreed quality

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I carried my G19 in a Don Hume 721 OT for a while, before getting my Raven Concealment Phantom. No Complaints...Great Holster!

DON HUME 721OT (OPEN TOP) 36-1 GLOCK 26, 7, 33 BLACK RIGHT HAND Don Hume Double 9 OT H721OT Holster Right Hand Black 3.25" GLOCK 26, 27
$32 + shipping
I just rec'd my DH H721OT on Friday and have been wearing it around the house at 2:30 - 3:00 (I am a bit portly now and my love handles at anything past 3 o'clock will push the butt of the gun out) and I have to say, a really nice holster and a great fit...retention was really good.

I wore it under a t-shirt with shorts (gotta love the Florida December Xmas weather!)...and until I told my wife, she had no idea....I know this may not be what you mentioned (suit wear, etc.) but it is a nicely made holster with great reviews and best of all, immediate availability!

Good luck on your quest!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Crossbreed Snap slide for my G26. Had it for about a month, looking to sell if you are interested. Very comfortable to wear all day. Only used it a few times. I usually carry IWB and don't need this one. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Before you spend a lot on holsters, might I suggest you try out the Glock Combat Holster. it is by far the least expensive and thinnest holster for OWB. I tried one just to see how the gun rode and couldn't be happier. It holds my G23 and G33 tight against my side and doesn't allow any flip-out at at the grip. It has tabs that you cut for high, mid or low ride (or belt size). For $11 you can't go wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts