Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my G36 for a NIB G27 Gen 4 the other day. I really liked the G36 but I didn't shoot it very often and I Love shooting my SR40C so What the heck!

So I took it to the range today with some blazer brass to see how it would do.

What a nice pistol. is it a good sign that you may have picked a winner when the very first shot out of your brand new Glock hits the bullseye at 7yds!

The rest of the mag wasn't too shabby either. Recoil is just a tad snappier than the Ruger but not at all unpleasant. After about 200 trouble free rounds today this little G27 made a huge impression on me.......Another day like this next time out and I think it will become my new EDC!

Shooting sport Recreation Circle Shooting Precision sports

Shooting sport Sport venue Recreation Shooting Precision sports

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Congrats! I love my 27 and carry it almost daily beside my other glock, I just pick up a M&P Shield 9mm that I threw into my carry rotation life is good. I also bought a .357 sig and a 9mm lone wolf barrel for my 27 with give us three in one but every since I put the .357 sig barrel in I haven't change it back to the .40 but I will one day. You might want to look at the G.A.P. plate for the mag to it will help on your draw.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I was thinking about a gen4 G27 but I dislike the 2 finger grip. GAP plates seem like a great way to remedy that.

eh, I think i'll get one anyway for kicks. after I rent one, just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I love my Gen4 G27 - have been carrying it for about 3 years now and put close to 5K rounds through it. You get used to the short grip pretty quickly. The biggest problem that I have is accuracy at distance, and that is likely due to my eyesight. I'm spot-on with my G22 at distance but it has a longer sight radius.

Reactions: vice87

·
Registered
861 Posts
Glad to hear it!
The G27 Gen 3 was my first Glock, and I too was in love with the simple design, rugged build, and accuracy.
Greatest concealed carry fighting pistol.....ever? Maybe! That short grip allows us skinny dudes to conceal with ease, even under a simple tee shirt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! I love my 27 and carry it almost daily beside my other glock, I just pick up a M&P Shield 9mm that I threw into my carry rotation life is good. I also bought a .357 sig and a 9mm lone wolf barrel for my 27 with give us three in one but every since I put the .357 sig barrel in I haven't change it back to the .40 but I will one day. You might want to look at the G.A.P. plate for the mag to it will help on your draw.
Thanks everyone! I am planning on getting the Lone Wolf 9mm barrel eventually. What a savings that will be, NOT having to buy another complete gun. What do you like about the Sig round?

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Excellent, One Shot-One Kill. Definitely a good start for a carry firearm. (Next tryout the G23)

Reactions: Eric357

·
Premium Member
39,470 Posts
Traded my G36 for a NIB G27 Gen 4 the other day. I really liked the G36 but I didn't shoot it very often and I Love shooting my SR40C so What the heck!

So I took it to the range today with some blazer brass to see how it would do.

What a nice pistol. is it a good sign that you may have picked a winner when the very first shot out of your brand new Glock hits the bullseye at 7yds!

The rest of the mag wasn't too shabby either. Recoil is just a tad snappier than the Ruger but not at all unpleasant. After about 200 trouble free rounds today this little G27 made a huge impression on me.......Another day like this next time out and I think it will become my new EDC!
Endless internet posts averring the virtues of a great pistol are immediately validated by the first round sent downrange.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The 27 has been my primary CCW gun for the past two years. It is easy to carry and not too bad to shoot either. I tried replacing it with the PPS and Shield, but I still own the 27 and those two have been sold.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Very nice OP.

I just made a trade to get a like new Gen 3 G27.
came with a Crimson trace lazer too....not sure if I'm likin' the lazer on the gun, likely I'll sell it or trade it off.

Now get yourself a good holster, and start carrying that bad boy...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice OP.

I just made a trade to get a like new Gen 3 G27.
came with a Crimson trace lazer too....not sure if I'm likin' the lazer on the gun, likely I'll sell it or trade it off.

Now get yourself a good holster, and start carrying that bad boy...
Ha, all ready have the glock sport combat owb holster and a remora it fits great in, but I am planning to order a shell for it to fit my Alien Gear holster. Or for a few dollars more I might order the OWB from Alien for the Glock then I can have an OWB and a IWB for both the 27 and the SR40c.....:image035:

Then it will be off to work on acquiring that g19 Buckeye63..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts