Defensive Carry banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
I have both also, I tended to carry the 27 until I got a Comp-tac Minotaur which made it just as practical to carry the 23 because it was just as easy to conceal. I still switch back and forth probably carrying the 27 more in the summer and the 23 more in the winter.

glock 27 all the way

I have a G 27 with laser grips and you can not ask for anything sweeter than that!!!. Where ever you find your self positioned you have more control on the target, you only have to see the DOT. The glock 27 ,40cal. also has the stopping power. The local police carry 40 cal.

I carry my G23 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I rented both guns before buying and shot them equally. I found the 27 just a little too small for my liking, mostly b/c of my pinky hanging off the end. By the time you add the mag extension, you're just about the same dimensions as a 23. I do have plans to purchase a Supertuck IWB holster soon to increase ease of CC. With appropriate dress, the 23 is very ease to conceal even OWB.

I have the 27 and love it. I bought it as a BUG, and found it work's just as well as a primary.

I pocket carry it in cargos all the time.

IMO which ever one you choose, you won't be left felling like you should have bought the other one.

That was what I was told when I was trying to choose between the G23 and G27 ("By the time you add the mag extension, you're just about the same dimensions as a 23."). Because of that, I bought the G23. Later, I added the G27 and bought the Pierce extension without the extra round as mentioned above. Since the rear of the extension adds almost nothing (the front allows for your pinky to grip the gun), the critical part of the butt does not stick out near as far as the G23. Still, either gun is a good choice. I would sum it up this way: The G27 is more concealable but not quite as nice to shoot, the G23 is a little nicer to shoot but not as concealable. Make your choice on which is more important to you (and then add the other as you can).

The problem with seeing which one fits your hand the best is that it is difficult to try the 27 with the grip extension. If I had done that, I probably would have bought the 27 initially. Still glad I have both though.

I have found the extended floorplates,detract considerably from the concealability of the Glock subs,I shoot them just as well with the standard mag floorplates,or the GAP floorplates,and have much more confidence in the reliability,and durabilty of the mag than I do useing any extended floorplate.YMMV

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Thanks for all the help! I'm still not sure which it will be, but it's not from a lack of good information. My local dealer is on vacation this week, but by next Tuesday, I'll be the proud owner of one or the other. He has both in OD (which I like) for the same price. Thanks again.

I have also had them both, at the same time.
I no longer own the G27 and the G23 is my EDC

I have both and like them both. If I could keep only one it would be the 23.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I appreciate all the help. I bought the G23. In the end I felt like with the way that I carry, it would be plenty concealable, and it just felt better in my hand. The grip and draw felt a little more natural to me. I hope to pick up a G27 in the future to give myself even more options. Thanks again.

Congrats on the new gun! I just got myself a G27 yesterday, had it on order for a few weeks. I'm happy with it. I purchased a UBG Canute holster for it but don't really care for the holster. Maybe it just because I'm used to carrying a S&W 642 IWB (with K&D holster). I did purchase a pierce grip extension as some others have. Didn't shoot it with the extension yet. But I also thought that if I wanted a longer grip I can use a 15 round magazine with one of the slip on grip covers to make it look better.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.