Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my G30s this afternoon and without having the firearm in my hand right now I recall the grip on the G30s was a handful. Do you folks think the same and choose to carry OWB? Maybe I am being premature and just need to wait until I have the firearm in my hand before I make a determination. I suppose the only real dimension when taking IWB in consideration would be the slide width, correct?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I carry my 30sf iwb without issues. I suggest a 9rd mag, I don't use it all the time but its nice to have when you want a little more concealment.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I carry my 30sf iwb without issues. I suggest a 9rd mag, I don't use it all the time but its nice to have when you want a little more concealment.
Yes, I concur. Just got back from picking up the G30s at the GS and talked to the owner of the G30s who works there that I bought it from and he told me that was the only method he used to carry it. Thats all I needed to hear and was hoping to hear.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
right holster, right belt, should be no problem at all

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I pick up my G30s this afternoon and without having the firearm in my hand right now I recall the grip on the G30s was a handful. Do you folks think the same and choose to carry OWB? Maybe I am being premature and just need to wait until I have the firearm in my hand before I make a determination. I suppose the only real dimension when taking IWB in consideration would be the slide width, correct?
isn't it a bit late to be deciding how to carry this gun, IWB or OWB?
wasn't it a consideration when choosing the gun in the first place?
slide width doesn't really matter much, slide length might
grip girth & length are more important considerations, especially for IWB carry

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Handguns are called that because they're intended to be fired from the hand(s). I've never heard of one being designated... OWB/IWB? :blink:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Handguns are called that because they're intended to be fired from the hand(s). I've never heard of one being designated... OWB/IWB? :blink:
You can't be that narrow minded can you? Most people can put 2 and 2 together but apparently not all?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'v gone from IWB to OWB holster under a cover shirt.

Reactions: Rhodie2

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
You can't be that narrow minded can you? Most people can put 2 and 2 together but apparently not all?
I don't get it either.
........Maybe it was some form of humor?
:confused:

·
Registered
933 Posts
How is your holster holding up? I have been reading their website and they do say they use ".080” Kydex®" which is pretty thin but if it is holding up then it probably is pretty comfortable to wear?

So far I've not had any issues. Typically, once I holster my G30 S I do not take it out. The retention and ability to change the ride hight and angle are a plus, IMO.

Reactions: Rhodie2

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just placed an order for a Dale Ficke Archangel© Appendix Carry AIWB Holster for my G30s, no ryhme or reason, just liked the looks and the snap loops I suppose. Thanks for the comments a few of you had made on this thread.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 30s carries like a dream in this holster made by a fellow DC member.

View attachment 157593
That does look sweet and comfortable to wear I can imagine. Too bad for me it is moot since I noticed your post after placing my order. Does this fellow also make AWIB's? What you showed it appears to be a IWB with cant? Thanks. Does this fellow DC member have a link?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just placed an order for a Dale Ficke Archangel© Appendix Carry AIWB Holster for my G30s, no ryhme or reason, just liked the looks and the snap loops I suppose. Thanks for the comments a few of you had made on this thread.

Ficke gets great reviews. Please lets us know your thoughts on his gear.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ficke gets great reviews. Please lets us know your thoughts on his gear.
Will do with pics of course. I talked to Dale late this morning prior to placing my order and was told that currently orders are shipped within 14 days.

·
Registered
41,235 Posts
I carry my G30 both ways without issue. The increased concealment fraction of an inch thinner slide of the 30S is more psychological than reality. The frames are the same width.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts