Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just got back from the range with my wife shooting her new G43 for the first time. What a great little gun! We fed it Fiochi, Blazer Brass, my reloads (115 grain), Winchester Supreme Elite, and Remington Golden Saber +P. It ate everything without a hiccup. No failures to feed, no stovepipes, no failure to eject, nada.

She found it easy to grip (she's 5'8", 130 pounds), easy to shoot, and very accurate. We put Trijicon HD night sights on it. I think we've finally found a pistol she will carry consistently.

I shot one magazine with it and I was blown away. It definitely shoots like a much larger gun. In fact, I would dare to say I think I can shoot this better than my G26.

I would not hesitate to recommend this pistol to anyone looking for a single stack striker fired hand gun.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I really want one...but my residence is still Kalifornia. I love my home there, but there isn't much else to like there anymore. I'm enjoying my second home in Nevada more with each visit.

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want one...but my residence is still Kalifornia. I love my home there, but there isn't much else to like there anymore. I'm enjoying my second home in Nevada more with each visit.
One of the main reasons we left California was because of its restrictive gun laws and its anti-hunting mentality.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Mrs Thin and I got to shoot one last weekend, and both of us were impressed with it. She liked it enough that she's selling a gun to buy one.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Glock 43 is a nice pocket pistol, mine has Truglo TFO.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I had one and sold it.

The trigger is heavier than the standard Glock, which is already not a great trigger.

It's also a bit too big for front pocket carry, and I realized that if I'm gonna carry it IWB I might as well get a bigger gun. I now have the G42, and it works better for pocket carry. The trigger seems a bit better than the G43, though still not as good as my G26, which I carry IWB.

For me, the G43 was a solution without a problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've owned Glocks in various models and calibers for 20 years. I tried several G43s at shops when they were first introduced but the triggers on all I tried were stupid stiff. Passed on them.

This summer I read that Glock finally put better triggers in them and I tried one at a local shop. It was good, well at least as good as Glock gets. I bought one and shot it a bunch on several range trips. Went back and bought another one.

Now I've got over a thousand rounds through the first one and it has become my favorite Glock that I've ever owned. Changes sights to Truglo TFOs and have several +1 and +2 magazine extensions. Great little gun.

On every other Glock model I've ever owned there is another competitor that I like better, such as VP1 and PPQ better than a Glock 19. The G43 just fits in a sweet spot for me and I haven't found a single stack 9mm that I like better. Yet.

Good little gun that simply shoots above it's weight and conceals beautifully. The G26 is a brick by comparison and I would just as soon carry my G19 as a 26.

Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've owned Glocks in various models and calibers for 20 years. I tried several G43s at shops when they were first introduced but the triggers on all I tried were stupid stiff. Passed on them.

This summer I read that Glock finally put better triggers in them and I tried one at a local shop. It was good, well at least as good as Glock gets. I bought one and shot it a bunch on several range trips. Went back and bought another one.
Having worked for a variety of different manufacturers in the scuba and commercial diving industries, I think Glock is no different than most other manufacturers. New products require a lot of testing to ensure there are no kinks, and even after extensive testing, it usually isn't until the product is released that all the flaws come to light. It's almost impossible for a manufacturer to foresee all the ways a consumer can use, misuse, modify, or otherwise damage a product. It just takes awhile to get all the bugs out.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Speaking as mainly a CZ and Glock lover for decades

I had the G43 euphoria for about a month.

A Single Stack 9mm with a Browning button for a mag release that
my otherwise wonderful PPS M1 sadly lacked.

Two weeks of carry in a superb holster, then back to the range.

Felt like a huge idiot for carrying a gun that wouldn't fire at all.

Then I had a Glock Armorer install a new connector.

That helped it a bit, but I'd lost 25 years worth of Glock confidence by then.

My PPS M2 hasn't stuttered.. and I still read about people having problems with
their G43 connectors and their Glock 42, not to mention the Gen 4 anythings
and the newest Glock model on the block.

I do hope your Glocks perk right along though.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My 43 is almost always with me. Mine is absolutely reliable over many, many rounds downrange and is accurate as can be. I will never get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Glad to hear that you found something that you found outstanding. I purchased one of the first ones out and never warmed to it. I find myself rarely carrying mine and going instead with a G26 Gen 3 that I have worn pretty slick over the years. Hard for me to break old habits.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Conciderably before the G43 came about there was the Walther PPS which in many ways is identical to the G43. I've had mine since 2012 and it's been absolutely flawless, and scary accurate. I would never trade it. So I guess what I'm saying is G43 too little too late!

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Conciderably before the G43 came about there was the Walther PPS which in many ways is identical to the G43. I've had mine since 2012 and it's been absolutely flawless, and scary accurate. I would never trade it. So I guess what I'm saying is G43 too little too late!
Glock was very late to the party. But if you found something early on that worked for you, why change?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts