Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,899 Posts

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Do it. I initially thought the hybrid notion was a bit silly but there is something about the way these things handle that appeals to me. I bought the G19x and it just might be my number one Glock to date.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I bought one with the Ameriglo BOLD sights and have been impressed. I have not carried it much just yet but plan to add it to my rotation. I can't explain it but it shoots well and it balances better than the Glock 17 or 19 in my hands. I must admit I dismissed the idea of the G45 at first but after shooting it I was hooked.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I use to carrry a G17 in a JM Custom AIWB Holster and it carried great on MY frame.
I think AIWB hid the full size grip better, FOR ME, than any other carry. So I see the G19X and G45 doing the same. But doubt I will as I like the G17 and awaiting the MOS Gen5 version to hit my area.

As far as shooting, I really like the G19X and G45. Great pistols.

Lefty

·
Registered
40 Posts
The G45 is the pistol that brought me over to Glock. Have never owned a Glock yet own > 30 pistols. I was impressed with how easy it was to get shots accurately on target, the balance and trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I have carried a Glock 19 for years. The G45? Meh.

This pic was taken in 2008. Still carry the same gun.

Reactions: BCC73

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Can’t speak to the 45, but my Gen 5 19 I picked up a week or so ago has been a great gun. The finger grooves always seemed to “fit” my hands, but now that I have one without them, I realize how much better they are without them, for me at least.

Many of the 45 reviews I have seen online all say they are more controllable than the 19 or 17. It’s a 9mm, so recoil is light regardless. But for appendix carry, this could be a winner.

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can certainly carry the G45 with no problems - carry mine in a 2A Holster pancake - comfortable, conceals nicely....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Can’t speak to the 45, but my Gen 5 19 I picked up a week or so ago has been a great gun. The finger grooves always seemed to “fit” my hands, but now that I have one without them, I realize how much better they are without them, for me at least.

Many of the 45 reviews I have seen online all say they are more controllable than the 19 or 17. It’s a 9mm, so recoil is light regardless. But for appendix carry, this could be a winner.
I feel the exact same way with regards to the finger grooves. I laughed at the thoughts of the G45 a few months ago and now I own one of the darn things...and really like it too!

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Some of us have big hands and that is not an option, besides, the big grip/short slide balances better.
I haven't handled one yet but I am sure it balances very nicely. It is just Glock's version of a Commander. I was surprised when the 19x/G45 were announced that there was so much skepticism of the design. It was nothing new to come out with a Commander version. XD has had their Service series and Sig has had the Carry models for years and years along with others. I thought if there was anything to criticize it would be Glock taking so long to release a common pistol configuration.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
I haven't handled one yet but I am sure it balances very nicely. It is just Glock's version of a Commander. I was surprised when the 19x/G45 were announced that there was so much skepticism of the design. It was nothing new to come out with a Commander version. XD has had their Service series and Sig has had the Carry models for years and years along with others. I thought if there was anything to criticize it would be Glock taking so long to release a common pistol configuration.
Look at how many top tier instructors are using them.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I bought one with the Ameriglo BOLD sights and have been impressed. I have not carried it much just yet but plan to add it to my rotation. I can't explain it but it shoots well and it balances better than the Glock 17 or 19 in my hands. I must admit I dismissed the idea of the G45 at first but after shooting it I was hooked.
I guess I need to take a look at one. Hopefully they'll get a rental I can shoot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts