Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have experience with the Galco M7X Matrix kydex holster? This is the belt-slide holster with the snap loops. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had one for my G-23. Did a good job pulling the pistol close to the body. The biggest problem is it also pulls fore and aft on the holster which really locks the pistol in and the draw is more like a strong yank.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have one for my Glocks (9mm/.40). TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!! The gun would not come out of the holster. You REALLY had to pull on it. It is not what I would want to use when my life is on the line.

Ofcourse, being kydex, there is no way to break it in.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I have one already and have not had any issues with drawing the weapon - it comes out fine (Kahr PM9). My main concern is durability. I want to see if anyone has had them break or fail in the field. I know it isn't the same quality or comfort as a good leather holster but my real question is can I trust it or one day will my weapon hit the floor at the local Wally World, accompanied by screams of "He's got a gun!!!"

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have 4 of the M7X holsters (for different pistols) and like them very much. Have had no trouble with any and only one of them has what I would consider to be an excessively tight draw. BTW, they are plastic, but not kydex.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I bought one for a multi-use 1911 holster, as it is can be used for any slide/barrel length gun. It holds the gun very close, closer than some much more expensive holsters. Drawing has not been a problem, though the plastic they use is not as drag-free as Kydex. I am surprised how much I wind up carrying it, and would carry it more except that if I'm wearing jeans, it allows the slide to be scratched by the rivets in the jeans. It may be the only "cheap" holster I've ever seen work. If they made a full coverage one with snaps instead of only the paddle, I'd already have it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have one for a Kahr PM9. Great inexpensive holster for a lightweight gun. Nice and tight to the body, no problem drawing the gun for me.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have one for my 1911's it isn't my favorite. It seems to come up when I draw and I have to yank the gun to clear the holster.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I liked mine. Once I got a supertuck I didn't use it quite as much. But when I wanted to open carry I used it without a problem. I think for the money they are a great holster! There are better out there but again for the money it's pretty good! Better than any uncle mike's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts