Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has put the heavy striker spring in from Galloway Precision? They also recommend the kit 4 trigger upgrade to lessen the trigger pull. Have you done this also?
The reason I'm thinking about doing this is because I had four or five light strikes during my first IDPA match last weekend.
Also while on the subject. Has anyone put in their recoil spring guide rod assembly?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
A few questions.
Which SR?
How old is the pistol? What ammo?
And when was the last time you cleaned the striker channel?

My SR9c is stock and after about 5 years, has worked down to a 5.1 lb trigger pull.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Ruger 9E. I lost track of the round count, but it is well over 1,000 rounds. Probably closer to 2,000.
I did clean the striker channel (after the match). It has been a while since that was done. Over 500 rounds for sure. How often do you clean yours?
Hopefully that helps and i won't have to spend any money trying to fix it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Galloway had some really serious quality issues a few years ago, not sure how they are doing now but I'd sure look into it before buying anything from them. Don't remember the details but a lot of it had to do with their suppliers but it still affected Galloway's output.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts