Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know of Gap Enterprises and their mag floorplates for Glock subcompacts (see: G A P H O M E). Their design gives you more control without adding a lot to the length of the grip. I sent them an email to see what plans they had, if any, to make a floorplate for the XD subcompacts. This is what I was told in a reply by Greg:

"Nate, first thanks for your interest, we appriecate it. Yes we are, but right now we're just finishing our prototype for the Glock models G29 and G30. The XD subs will be our next prototype, thanks to folks like you, who have shown thier interest in having them. Anyway hopefully some time in 2010 we'll have them in production. Again thanks and stay safe, Greg"

This is an FYI for now, as I'm guessing there are some that are interested in it as I am.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little bump...I'm kinda surprised no one has chewed on this with me yet.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Ok, I'll bite. They look good. When I first bought my XD, I got the Pierce extensions, but I don't actually use them for carry because, (1) they increase printing, and (2) I find they didn't actually help my shooting.

However, I would be willing to give one of these a try. We gotta stimulate the economy, right? :image035:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't tried any extension on my new XD as of yet. I don't know that I will, but if I do, these seem to make more sense to me than the pierce extensions. If I'm shooting well enough without any, like you are, then whats the point. I'd like to try something like this first if/when I feel the need for some help in my grip.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I haven't tried any extension on my new XD as of yet. I don't know that I will, but if I do, these seem to make more sense to me than the pierce extensions. If I'm shooting well enough without any, like you are, then whats the point. I'd like to try something like this first if/when I feel the need for some help in my grip.
I don't need it for the shooting, but looking at the pic on their website, these might give you an advantage on the draw.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pierce Grip Extensions

I use the pierce extensions my XDsc. They don't do a whole lot on the shooting side for me either, but they make a big difference for me when drawing. I don't notice much difference printing-wise.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I love them on sub compact Glocks. Great for the draw, and more secure with something for your ring finger to rest on.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I love them on sub compact Glocks. Great for the draw, and more secure with something for your ring finger to rest on.
Same here, absolutely true !

Let me mention a small experience (good one) that I had. I had a very minor issue on a shipping error from GAP Enterprises, and just sent them a FYI friendly note. It was just a head's up to them from me, no need for them to respond back or do anything for me at all. Man they were super responsive, jumped all over this little problem, corrected it right away and thanked me profusely for letting them know. They must be good people to work with. :congrats:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Umm am I missing something???? I have a Pierce Grip on my sub compact mags and it works great don't see any real difference in these.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Umm am I missing something???? I have a Pierce Grip on my sub compact mags and it works great don't see any real difference in these.
I think the difference is that the Pierce adds a full finger width to the grip. The GAP appears to only give you a flat little "shelf" for the ring finger.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
These don't affect concealability by making the grip longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts