Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy way to intro myself is to just give a cut and paste from my website Handgunlaw.us.

Gary Slider 55Y/O
New Martinsville WV
Married 28 Years to Wendy
Behavioral Safety Facilitator for Bayer Corp.
5 Children and 4 Grandchildren
EMT Instructor
CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor
NRA Pistol/Personal Protection Instructor
NRA/IDPA Range Safety Officer
IDPA 4 Gun Expert
LFI I & II Grad
Designer of Slider Triple Dropper Steel Target
Licensed to legally carry Concealed in 35 States
Member ASLET - NRA - LEAA - IDPA

I don't post very much at web sites but do a lot of reading. Former Admin at Packing.org but now Steve Aikens and I have started a New web site that is a data base for CCW Laws. Great place to find out the laws on CCW in all the states.

Seems like a very friendly place. I think I will like it here. Thanks Again and

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona -

I've bookmarked your website - looks great! :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
welcome

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Welcome Gary, have been a surfer of packing.org for a long, long time.

Once again, welcome.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Gary. Glad to have you join us. I received an email from Steve with some helpful advice (I followed it) soon after we went live here. Good luck with the database, I'm sure we will all be over there.... :wink:

Edited to add: Feel free to add a link to the links area of CombatCarry!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Welcome. Your knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
Welcome Gary.:wave:
Your Excellent Reputation Proceeds You.
You are quite welcome here. :usflag:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome Gary,
I think you should be able to provide a lot of sound advice and knowledge.
BTW, What is a Behavioral Safety Facilitator?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. :wave:
Nice website.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Gary it is pleasure to have you with us.
Mike

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I've already said it once Gary - but again welcome :smilez:

Even if you don't post a whole lot, and tho obviously a busy guy - do try and swing by when you can.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome...look forward to your opinon. Sure you will be a great asset.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a great welcome from everyone. I didn't expect that.
Thank you.

Again I don't post much. Do feel free to contact me by going to Handgunlaw.us and clicking on "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.

Since I removed my email address from the web 7 months ago my spam email has gone from 100 or so to 8 or 9 a day. I hesitate to put it out there again. Again don't hesitate to contact me if you have a question about CCW laws in any of the states. I was just dumb enough to spend the last 7+ years reading them all everyday. I can't remember them all word for word but know how to find them quick.

As for the Behavioral Safety Facilitator.
Working for Bayer Material Science for 34 years I am in charge of changing the Safety Culture for the better at our Facility. Bayer Is the Aspirin Company but our Bayer facility makes Industrial Chemicals.

Behavioral Safety is nothing new. It has been around 70+ years. It is a safety Program that aims to change the Safety Culture by giving Positive Feedback on the Safe Behaviors we observe and questioning what any At Risk Behavior we Observe. There is no discipline involved in any part of the process.

Our Safety Culture has gone from 50 Recordable injuries a year 7 Years ago to an average of 7 per year 2005 and the severity of the injuries we do suffer being less severe. My Job is to keep everyone thinking about the safe way to do every task all day, every day, every minute and every second even when they are at home.

If you wish to read more about it just type in Behavioral Based Safety in Google and it will give you hundreds of hits to check out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.