Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to pick up Gary's SIG 220 today - taken a while because he is not close to an FFL and so we let it wait until he had to go along for other stuff too - combine it all.

Taken a pic for now tho fully expect that before too long it will (like the 226) be wearing CT grips and need an updated pic.

Feels great and I am well pleased - hope maybe give it some use at weekend.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm - well no doubt it will see some carry duty but overall I think the 226 will still win out - in particular in summer when sweat is such a problem.

Nice thing is it of course slips comfortably straight into the K&D rig - only the small change in trigger guard shape to affect its profile.

It's a nice addition to the ''SIG stable" :smile:

·
Registered
310 Posts
P95Carry said:
Nice thing is it of course slips comfortably straight into the K&D rig - only the small change in trigger guard shape to affect its profile.
Drats! I thought I'd have a chance to make ya a holster for it. :wink:

Nice piece to carry. I would think it would not take much time to move the 226 out of the primary spot and put this in its place.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Hey...Ya Know What Would Be Twistedly Funny?

If you bought an Alessi Holster for your Brommeland Pistol.:rofl:

Seriously...nice looking pistola Chris.
Heck...you know I'm a SIG P/220 guy.
I'm wearing my little SIGGY....right now. :smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Chris has already given me hell over the grip screws :) , so before the rest of you join in, let me say that they were buggered up when I bought it. I always intended to put a new set on, but never got 'round to it.
An Alessi holster for a Brommeland pistol, eh? Well, as it so happens, I carried that Sig in an Alessi Bodyguard for some time, so I guess that would work OK :).
I came upon an early version of a Max-Con V for the Sig while unpacking some of my personal gear. ( Chris, PM me with your mailing address and I'll toss it in the mail to you at N/C. ).
Have a great time with your new toy. Good luck and thanks again! (You financed my latest 1911 project, btw - thank you!)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bud White said:
Chris i might have a set of stock sig grip screws if you want um
Thx Bud - well it is not a real biggie and Gary knows (I hope) I was yankin' his chain in fun :smile: It'd be nice tho to spruce them up so perhaps I'll take up your offer and we can get in touch - I could then send you an MO or something to cover it.

In the pic I actually digitally improved the screws that show - so they look better - mind you these are just a tad ''marred'' - I have seen really buggered screws and these ain't them!

Gary - I'll PM you with info and thx for your offer - that'd be swell.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Chris...Suggestion

I don't know if your mags are all 7 rounders but ya might want to think about buying one newer 8 round magazine (for carry) once you decide that you love that Brommeland 220 more than any of your other SIGS.
That is...if you don't have an 8 round mag already in that whole pile of free mags that you got with that nice nice pistol pistol.
And now we even conned Gary into chucking in a holster.
You should have just mentioned that you were going to buy an UNCLE MIKES Kydex paddle holster for it. :biggrin:
That probably would have done the trick! :wink:
Are we good...or what??? :rofl:

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
NICE lookin iron ya got there Chris. I'm very much lookin forward to a full report from the range on that gun. I can use your report to help customers in making their next purchase at the store. I'm sure that P220 would make a great carry weapon as well.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty sure all are 7's QK, but yes - good idea for carry to have an eight.

As I said re carry - chances are 226 will still win the day - summer at least but once I have got sighted in etc with 220, very likely thru winter it will see some carry duty.

Very possibly I'll run this 220 thru IDPA next comp - just a coupla weeks away or less - then week after a steel shoot - another possibility

I don't yet tho as far as I remember, without digging in the ''holster box''... reckon to have suitable mag pouches. Have to try and remedy that somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To add - just saw your post Bob - indeed yes I'll report on any range activity once done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts