Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of time has gone by. I figured Taurus had time to improve. I was wrong. Picked up a 85 Poly liked it's feel and size so I purchased it new from a LGS.
First 10 rounds standard 38 special it was amazing. Then cylinder locks up. every 3-5 rounds. cleaned it again , no help. I tried and tried to contact Taurus , no luck. Their book says I must pay to return it and they want it shipped by a FFL dealer. LGS I purchased it from will not get involved . Said they learned their lesson with Taurus a warranty issues. Live and learn I guess. May end up making some wall art out of it.
I own a few Ruger and S&W revolvers so it not like I really need another one.
Your money and time if you choose to purchase Taurus good luck.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I feel your pain...on Taurus and your dealer.

Folks call me a Taurus basher...well, I am and I have damn well paid for the right to be one. I have Taurus revolvers in my safe, right now, that were bought brand new and immediately had problems...one was on the very first cylinder of rounds through the gun. When I contacted Taurus...was told that I would have to return on my dime. This is poor, poor policy...but it was returned at my expense...only to be sent back with other problems. The other has repeatedly failed to lock-up and they seem to be unable to resolve.

They are junk...

However, I do have a (Taurus) Rossi 92 .357mag lever that has been flawless for the 3 months that I have had it(LOTS of rounds through it)... I really struggled with giving Taurus any more of my money. But, I will say with absolute certainty that they will never get another cent from me for a handgun.

Reactions: Smitty901

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the dealer doesn't want to deal with Taurus, maybe they shouldn't be a Taurus dealer?!

I'm not a big fan of Taurus myself, but I do have a PT1911 that has performed flawlessly for me, other than the rear sight came loose when shooting and gradually moved to the left. Drove me nuts until I finally noticed what was happening

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If the dealer doesn't want to deal with Taurus, maybe they shouldn't be a Taurus dealer?!

I'm not a big fan of Taurus myself, but I do have a PT1911 that has performed flawlessly for me, other than the rear sight came loose when shooting and gradually moved to the left. Drove me nuts until I finally noticed what was happening
funny yours work, at the range an old man, well about my age, came to my booth with a PT 1911 and said, fire 5-6 rounds and stopped shooting and it is just back from Taurus service, when I looked at it, the hammer had broken off right were the key goes.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I had a 454 casull talking about something that wasn't fun to shoot. After shooting it your hand knew it.
But it wasn't bad gun. I have never had bad Taurus

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whatever, sounds made up just to bash TAURUS again this sight is famous for it . like i said WHATEVER .
Here It is next to one of my S&W. I really wanted it to work the weapon feels great in hand and the trigger was great for a revolver when it worked. Except for the S&W goes bang every time with out fail , the 85 fit much better in many ways.
85poly (1).jpg

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Here It is next to one of my S&W. I really wanted it to work the weapon feels great in hand and the trigger was great for a revolver when it worked. Except for the S&W goes bang every time with out fail , the 85 fit much better in many ways.
View attachment 147610
The king of grammar was probably posting about my post...

Reactions: Texas Red

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have owned ONE in my life....a Model 85 .38 snub....thing is, it was fine and I had over 8,000 rounds thru it...
but I sold it to a co-worker. I would NOT however tend to trust buying another one. I was lucky....but Im not gonna
push it.

Reactions: Taurahe

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I have been disappointed by Taurus twice (both were not used as defensive handguns) and it will never happen again! Just my .02 worth!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My wife and I have two Taurus revolvers (605 and 650), and I have a PT1911. None has ever given us a problem. However, I have seen what other people go through with Taurus Customer Service when they do have a problem. As a result, I will not take the risk of ever buying another Taurus product.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
whatever, sounds made up just to bash TAURUS again this sight is famous for it . like i said WHATEVER .

The door opens the same way you came through it good sir. You are not held here hostage, but of your own free will. If the expression of personal sentiment towards taurus bothers you so much, feel free to seek solace in the arms of the guys and gals on the taurus forum. Whining about it here will get you nowhere.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I have been disappointed by Taurus twice (both were not used as defensive handguns) and it will never happen again! Just my .02 worth!
I got burned once, and that was enough for me.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
then go to a Taurus forum where you can all sing the praises of a substandard gun manufacturer.

Why are Taurus fanboys so adamant about the quality of their budget guns?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Several years ago Taurus came out with their over rated 709 which I bought against my better judgement. The frame cracked about 600 rounds and they replaced it. I belong to a very large gun club, posted it for sale and no response. Taurus is manure around there. I got lucky and someone bought it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
OP Have you tried some different ammo? I never owned a Taurus but I had a 22mag LCR that would lock up after 5 rounds of sellier and bellot. I switched to cci ammo and it runs fine.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Reactions: Taurahe
1 - 20 of 78 Posts