Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Gazelle T4 tent and will be receiving it soon. Our old Coleman 4-6 person tent finally has begun to break down and is starting to get annoying as about half the zippers have stopped working. Really like the setup and straight sidewalls and high headroom of the Gazelle. Seems to be pretty well liked. Little pricey, but not considerably so.

Anyone used it before?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to update this thread, got my Gazelle tent about 4-5 months ago and thus far it has been very well liked. Setup is by far the fastest I have experienced for a tent that is large enough for 4 grown adults to stand up and move about in comfortably. The one big downside is size and weight. It is heavy and it is long. I store it on my roof rack load bars when driving so it doesn’t take up space inside.

Would recommend for anyone who is tired of the setup and take down of ground tents but doesn’t want to switch to a cramped roof top tent.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If you ever get in the need (or want) of a tent, look at estate and garage sales. You'd be surprised at how many tents have been used only one time, and unless they were "folded up" wet, they are a bargain. A lot of people buy a tent, wait until minutes before bedtime to put it up, and the next morning stuff it partly back in its box. Some are quite expensive tents for nearly nothing. A couple of years ago, I found a great one at a ritzy estate sale - a North Face, four season, eight person tent in its unopened box. HEAVY as heck, but considered by many to be the best - sells for over $1000 new. Cost me $50.00. Now all I need to do is go to Mt Everest to try it out.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
I have been using NEMO tents for years. pricey but well worth the money.
Especially their ultra light set ups.
Years ago they used to offer a tent that had no tent poles. used tubular bladders that you pumped full of air with a foot pump.
During set up in rain I could stake down the edges, climb in the tent and blow it up. Kept me high and dry.
Once while camping in West Texas there came a wind storm, ever tent in our crew was blown over and poles bent. Mine just layed down and bounced back up.
They do not offer that tent anymore.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I have no idea what kind of tent this is, but these are some crazy people doing this stuff.

Reactions: airslot
1 - 7 of 7 Posts