Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I fell prey to the holster selection bug. This is for CC of a 1911. I now have:

High Noon Slider, OWB, 15 degree cant
Serpa CQC OWB, adjustable (mostly used it straight up at 3 o'clock)
Uncle Mike's IWB, size large. More a sleeve with tacky exterior and smooth glide inside, and a belt clip.

Tried all sorts of stuff trying to get a balance of access, comfort, and concealment. Gain one, lose another. In all cases the heft of a all steel 1911 was pulling my pants down (I have a 40" waist, pants want to fall down for me).

Concealment with shirt tucked in and no coat not a issue. I don't dress like that. If the coat comes off, the shirt comes out. The way I have always been.

Then I tried something so simple just now, and can't believe how well it works. I slipped the Uncle Mike's IWB into my Levi's front right pocket.

Perfection. For the first time, I can sit and I do not notice the gun. Can't feel it, at all. It doesn't touch my gut, at all. Sitting, same thing. It sits flat against my front/side, and doesn't stick out. Its easy to get, REAL fast to draw. While sitting, the grip doesn't protrude to the back, zero printing. If I have a coat, or "hoodie" on (my style of dress 8 months of year), I'm golden.

This might even work with shorts and a long untucked shirt, again, my style in the warmer months.

Jeez, $100+ in other holsters and the $12 "gun sock" in my pocket is what works best.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Could we get a vid of you drawing while you're sitting? :image035:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really easy. Better than Serpa at 3 o'clock, the High Noon at 4 o'clock (where it's meant to be). Only thing easier would be the Serpa in cross draw config, which isn't nearly as comfy, and really prints in many positions.

Only problem is if I am completely laying down. It can fall out. I'll try to not carry when I'm in bed. ;)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
If drawing or printing isn't a problem, I would say go for it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sounds like you got a winner. I might try the same some time. I can certainly afford the Uncle Mike's!

+1 on the photos...

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Hmmmm, I may have to try something similar...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Ever try suspenders? A couple times I have been ill and lost a lot of weight 25 lp +) and I found suspenders work well.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A pair of Perry Industrial Suspenders are in the mail.

The holster is a Mike's 8905-1. That's the large auto right hand with no strap.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I thought that was the method you were describing. I used to carry my officer's model like that, off duty, when I was an LEO. I didn't have to worry about printing back then. It works great as long as you can keep it covered...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts