Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I bought my first house. It’s in a relatively small city in the large Tampa Bay Area. It’s across the street from the city hall and the fire dept. I just got an email at work (I’m a civilian at the PD) stating a few unsavory characters with long criminal histories and known gang affiliations are planning to start a protest at city hall. The edge of my property is about 80’ from the edge of the city hall property.

Looks like I’ll be out pulling security tonight. Hope I don’t receive any property damage. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Recently I bought my first house. It’s in a relatively small city in the large Tampa Bay Area. It’s across the street from the city hall and the fire dept. I just got an email at work (I’m a civilian at the PD) stating a few unsavory characters with long criminal histories and known gang affiliations are planning to start a protest at city hall. The edge of my property is about 80’ from the edge of the city hall property.

Looks like I’ll be out pulling security tonight. Hope I don’t receive any property damage. Wish me luck.
Are "Riots and Commotions" covered under your Homeowner's policy? You might want to check.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Are "Riots and Commotions" covered under your Homeowner's policy? You might want to check.
That might be reasonable, however you might also want to check to see if replacement of expended ammunition is in there also.

We went through a similar threat during Harvey. My neighbors and I loaded up our AR's and 5 spare magazines, a handgun with 4 spare mags, and a good flashlight that will blind, and patrolled our streets. All I would do different today is wear my since acquired Level III Plus Lightweight vest.

I'll be praying for you and your family as well as your community. Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Call all your redneck friends over for a BBQ tonight,

Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Good luck to you sir and stay safe. I have not followed this close at all so do not know a lot of details. It seems that the police officer went a little too far from what I have seen and I can understand the anger people have and can understand peaceful protests but the violence and looting I have seen makes no sense to me,

I also have to wonder why these protestors do not set up protests when police officers are killed in the line of duty.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Not sure if it’s legal or not, haven’t used smoke bombs since I was a kid. If there is that option, we use to use something called “Stink Bombs” that would smoke up a place and smell pretty bad. If it’s legal making your yard stinky and unfavorable to be around may help?

Grabbing for straws here, hope you are fine and we’ll say a prayer for you!

Good news this morning, heard Trump is going to call in the national guard to some states because the sissy Lying self-centered governors and mayors can’t handle their own state.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Not going to like your post, but am praying all goes quietly into the night.
Have an Aunt and Uncle in Clearwater not far from you. Been praying this doesn't blow up nation wide, but it doesn't look good.

A friend was hurt Wednesday night while he was working. He's an EMT and regularly works the Lake St. area in Minneapolis. They could see the hospital he usually works out of, but couldn't get there, so they took him almost 5 miles away to the U of M.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Make sure all your rain bird sprinklers are up and running:image035: No it will not stop rioting, but it can at least "relocate" it! The municipality I worked for once used it to relocate some protesters at City Hall. It actually worked well plus it can screw up camera shots for the press.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Not to open up a can of worms or stereotype, but wouldn't have a BBQ with all of your MINORITY friends be better if there was a riot LOL
That’s actually a great idea, like...they already have fire and you do need fire for a bbq! :image035:

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Arm up, have plenty of loaded magazines handy, plant yourself somewhere on your property where you will be in control, and see how it goes. Best thing would be for all your neighbors to arm up and join this plan on everyone's property.

Best of luck to you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts