Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1943 - 2009
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a piece about this holstersmith in the Feb 05 issue of Gun World. Nice looking rigs. He doesn't list his prices, tho.

Check it out: George Wells Holsters

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He does have some nice products. I am of the mindset that holsters need to be more about function than fashion, and by no means am I saying his holsters do not work as I have never tried one out. I just do not see the need for all the exotic leathers/materials and what not. That is just me. Good ole leather does me good. Back to my first comment, he does seem to put out a good looking product.

~A

·
Administrator
143,471 Posts
Nice Holsters

Let's do him a favor & post one of his holster photos here. Here is a nice exotic Stingray Skin holster that he made. That's the rarest part of a Stingray skin...look for that little naturally formed center "eye" - Neat!
He uses a lot of exotics & real nice careful work.

·
1943 - 2009
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, APachon. Exotics don't much flip my switch, either. Regular old moo-cow leather works for me.

OTOH, a full Buscadero-type rig for open carry would be awesome, made from lizard or snakeskin or some such. I'd have to win the lottery to afford it, tho.

QKShooter, FYI, your photo doesn't come up. Oops, never mind. Now it does.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I suspect the prices are not listed so you don't see that the holster costs more than the pistol in it.

Since I have a tupperware pistol, Kydex seems only logical. :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Exotic \'concealment'holsters are like sexy underwear, no one knows you have them on but you, and you feel special.......or something like that:lol::lol:.

But, they are nice holsters, and like custom guns, if thats what you want, somebody makes em.

Dan

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
jdsumner said:
Exotic 'concealment' holsters are like sexy underwear, no one knows you have them on but you, and you feel special.......or something like that:lol::lol:.
Dan
:above2:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
jdsumner said:
Exotic 'concealment' holsters are like sexy underwear, no one knows you have them on but you, and you feel special.......or something like that:lol::lol:.

But, they are nice holsters, and like custom guns, if thats what you want, somebody makes em.

Dan
That could fall into the TMI catagory.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Dan, that is an mental image I did not need to envision, but thank you all the same. LOL :sport33: :popout: :hand5: :popout2:

~A

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are so many good holster makers out there. I usually go with the easiest to find. Therefore, I have several Galco's in which I carry my Glocks and my duty HK. I do however have a few others like Kirkpatrick, Tucker, and even an old Bianchi #5 for my 4" .38Sp. Colt Diamondback. I only have one plastic holster, a FOBUS I use for my G17 in IDPA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts