Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GA now has some 9mm ready to ship. I ordered a 500 rd. can and it shipped in a week.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They provide a good product at a good price. What's not to like? I've bought a couple of cases this past summer from them -- and it has taken around a month both times (9mm both times). It's good news to see that they are getting the time down!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hogdaddy:

What kinds of problems have you encountered that would turn you off to a company?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
hogdaddy:

What kinds of problems have you encountered that would turn you off to a company?
Back orders,& they Sell at the gun show before my order was filled!
cj I LOVE THE SOUTH BORN & RAISED :wink:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I did order when their stated backlog was 6-8 weeks...and only just recently found recent posts of people who have been waiting 6 months. Fortunately, I'm not in a huge rush, but it's too bad they're so slammed and likely making some poor marketing choices.

As for the South, that was completely facetious, just pointing out that without explanation, we were left hanging!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Georgia arms had .38 special for I think $13/50 at the Raleigh gun show this August, I was surprised to see it at that price...didn't buy any myself

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
He's in Florida???
Without getting into the attitudes of many southerners on Floridians, you'll note that I said:

As for the South, that was completely facetious, just pointing out that without explanation, we were left hanging!
I know Georgia Arms has had issues in the past (some small instances of bad rifle ammunition, supply issues, etc.) and I was merely trying to get a better understanding of what the reasoning was. In this case, it's due to recent issues and the new information was useful to me (especially since I've got about 4 different calibers on backorder to try out with them).

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you see them selling at the gunshow what you have on backorder with them, just buy it at the gunshow and cancel your backorder! That's what I did. And the prices are the same and you save on shipping.

I don't hold it against them for diverting/prioritizing a portion of their production for gunshows. For them to say in business they need to get their name out there. Having a strong presence at gunshows, by having ammo in stock at decent prices, is a great way to do it. At the last Dulles Expo gunshow they had the cheapest ammo by far. They were selling 9mm for $13.50 a box (or 12.50 if you bought 500 rounds). The next cheapest I saw was $16.99. Most was $18 or $20. For .380 the price difference was even greater.

GA Arms by offering lower prices is doing a service for all of us by reducing the odds that other vendors will use the current shortage to price gouge us all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts