Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I hope they have something for recognizing Ohio's CCW. Its stupid I can travel through every state down to Florida except freekin Georgia!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Yes Sir! There was an excellent turnout from our 'grassroots' group (GeorgiaPacking.org) with some serious support from a few committe members. Thier working HARD for this......BRAVO ZULU!

It's just the first 'baby step' in a long 'marathon'. Calls, emails, and visiable, vocal support have to continue to keep this going.

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
I'm okay with allowing carry in most places, but I draw the line on bars, etc. No matter how conscienous you may be, you don't know about the other guy, and guns and alcohol don't mix.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for sure, but I did hear that the purposed amendment would give weight to the NO CARRY signs when posted by business owners and other establishments. I guess it's a trade off, more places to carry, but the NO CARRY signs would have the weight of law behind um....:hand1:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Well, for one thing, the article did not say anything about reciprocity. Does this mean they might be changing and will recognize more states? It may be that this is just good for the citizens of Georgia for now.

Georgia has no reciprocity with my home state of West Virginia. I skated around that via a New Hampshire Non-Resident Permit when we visited the wife's relatives in Claxton.

I'm sure our Attorney General would love to enter into reciprocity with GA. He is one of those who believes in it and is trying to get more states on board.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I hope they have something for recognizing Ohio's CCW. Its stupid I can travel through every state down to Florida except freekin Georgia!
And we in GA can't even travel next door to SC. The only way for us to get a compatible SC CCP would be to buy some land in SC and then apply for one there. There is no way to get recipitory with SC (none between GA-SC, no non-resident SC permits and SC doesn't recognize getting one as a non-resident of another recipitory state.)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Well your AG won't recognize our permits and offer reciprocity because Ga. doesn't require training like Ohio does. Trust me it irritates the poop out of me to disarm somewhere close to Florence, Ky. before I cross the Ohio river into your fine state.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm okay with allowing carry in most places, but I draw the line on bars, etc. No matter how conscienous you may be, you don't know about the other guy, and guns and alcohol don't mix.
You can carry where alcohol is sold in GA as long as the business derives more income from food rather than alcohol. No one with a carry license in GA can carry a firearm while consuming alcohol. So it is a moot point for GA - since that is law as of last year.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Yeah kinda tough for the GA holders to come to NC for South Carolina doesn't honor GA Permit holders.
Throw it in the glove compartment as you cross into SC. As long as it has a latch and is closed it can be in the vehicle. Check the SLED site. SC it has to be in a closed container in the vehicle without a permit, NC it has to be open in the vehicle without a permit. Go figure.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
LOOKS GOOD !!

We can legally carry in schools, bars, churches, etc. and there has not been one incidence involving a CC holder yet. They have the option to post their facilities No- CCW if they want. However, there have been shootings by gang bangers at some specific bars.... but not by anyone 'legally' carrying a gun. If you aren't responsible enough to not drink while you carry, then maybe you shouldn't carry at all.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I hope you aren't bypassing the state! Georgia law allows for the loaded weapon to be concealed in the glove box. Or, just get a PA non-resident license -- $26 and about a one week wait.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for sure, but I did hear that the purposed amendment would give weight to the NO CARRY signs when posted by business owners and other establishments. I guess it's a trade off, more places to carry, but the NO CARRY signs would have the weight of law behind um....:hand1:
I hope not as that would be a major step backwards.

Well, for one thing, the article did not say anything about reciprocity. Does this mean they might be changing and will recognize more states? It may be that this is just good for the citizens of Georgia for now.
Legislation does not determine reciprocity in Ga, at least not directly. Ga basically recognizes the permit from any state that recognizes ours.

·
Registered
752 Posts

Georgia has no reciprocity with my home state of West Virginia. I skated around that via a New Hampshire Non-Resident Permit when we visited the wife's relatives in Claxton.

I'm sure our Attorney General would love to enter into reciprocity with GA. He is one of those who believes in it and is trying to get more states on board.
Our CCW laws in WV need to be worked out so we can get GA and other states.
GA should expand where one can carry. Bars typically mean restaurants that serve alcohol. Why should someone disarm to go to Applebees?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hope this passes, I would love to be able to carry on my campus. Though I never really feel endangered there, school shootings happen and I would love to be able to defend myself if the need arose.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Our CCW laws in WV need to be worked out so we can get GA and other states.
GA should expand where one can carry. Bars typically mean restaurants that serve alcohol. Why should someone disarm to go to Applebees?

ummm....................its 100% legal to carry in Applebees in GA you just can't consume alcohol.....:hand10:

and unlike Florida you can actually sit at the bar in Applebees, LongHorn etc(as long as you dont drink)

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Legislation does not determine reciprocity in Ga, at least not directly. Ga basically recognizes the permit from any state that recognizes ours.
:hand10: Yup, that would be the Attorney General Thurbert E. Baker.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
The nastier natives in downtown Atlanta, who roam away from home, do not worry about legally carrying and concealing their fun guns, or about fighting nice polite moderate tolerant surrounding suburbanites...like my sister and her husband in Acworth, who refuse to buy or hide or use a handgun inside their nice big house next to that golf course, of course. Not that they know or care, but they were a lot safer when I was armed and staying with them down there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts