Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Al Qaeda Bombers Learn from Drug Smugglers - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Al Qaeda Bombers Learn from Drug Smugglers

New Technique of Storing Bomb Materials Inside Body Cavity Nearly Kills a Saudi Prince

(CBS) Al Qaeda has developed a new tactic that allows suicide bombers to breach even the tightest security, as CBS News correspondent Sheila MacVicar reports.

Inside a Saudi palace, the scene was the bloody aftermath of an al Qaeda attack in August aimed at killing Prince Mohammed Bin Nayef, head of Saudi Arabia's counter terrorism operations.

To get his bomb into this room, Abdullah Asieri, one of Saudi Arabia's most wanted men, avoided detection by two sets of airport security including metal detectors and palace security. He spent 30 hours in the close company of the prince's own secret service agents - all without anyone suspecting a thing.

How did he do it?

Taking a trick from the narcotics trade - which has long smuggled drugs in body cavities - Asieri had a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator inserted in his rectum.

This was a meticulously planned operation with al Qaeda once again producing something new: this time, the Trojan bomber.

The blast left the prince lightly wounded - a failure as an assassination, but as an exercise in defeating security, it was perfect.

The bomber persuaded the prince he wanted to leave al Qaeda, setting a trap.

Al Qaeda has an animated movie showing the meeting between the bomber and the prince. Asieri says more senior al Qaeda figures want to surrender and convinces the prince to talk to them on a cell phone.

In the conversation recorded by al Qaeda, you hear a beep in the middle of two identical phrases that are repeated by the bomber and his handler.

Explosives experts tell CBS News that beep was likely a text message activating the bomb concealed inside Asieri.

The Trojan bomber hands the phone to Prince Mohammed. He's standing next to him, and 14 seconds later, he detonates.

"This is the nightmare scenario," said Chris Yates, an aviation security consultant.

On a plane at altitude, the effects of such a bomb could be catastrophic. And there is no current security system that could stop it.

"Absolutely nothing other than to require people to strip naked at the airport," said Yates.

And al Qaeda says it will share its new technique via the Internet very soon. There is nothing that can stop that either. :booty:

·
Registered
366 Posts
that would be one heck of a fart...........:rofl::rofl:

sorry i couldnt resist.....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've been waiting for this, just wait.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
This singular act could fuel the next several years of comedy.

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Just the FRIENDLY Mod reminder that this IS a family forum, so, please try and save us a lot of removals from this thread.

Not that TSA's response won't be interesting...

·
Registered
304 Posts
See, now, I didn't think you meant your title literally...

Asieri had a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator inserted in his rectum.
That has got to be uncomfortable. Was this a liquid or a solid explosive you think, and does it really matter? There are questions to be answered.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See, now, I didn't think you meant your title literally...

That has got to be uncomfortable. Was this a liquid or a solid explosive you think, and does it really matter? There are questions to be answered.

I would imagine is solid. Hard to keep liquids in there without them "running" out. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
It would just be easier to have all nude flights. No screening, No wanding ,nada get on the plane lets go!!! Just watch when you spill the hot coffee.

·
Registered
100 Posts
stop! I'm dying of laughter in my office!

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I think I'll stick with X-Lax

·
Registered
218 Posts
Unfortunately the TSA will never allow the kind of profiling that would allow this to happen. They'll ask a 90 year old grandma to go into the rubber glove room and let the 25 y/o middle eastern guy sweating bullets through the checkpoint, lest someone think they are profiling.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Actually, I don't think the Al-Queda bunch is that smart; I think they watched one of my all-time favorite DVDs:

Denzel Washington in "Man on Fire"

The part when he had the guy strapped across the hood - Priceless......

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Right after the "tennis shoe bomber" a few years ago it made me think about this method of bombing, I even mentioned it to my wife. She did look at me oddly when I told her about it and predicted it would be attempted one day.

So when traveling by air, beware of the guy that has a fuse or smoke coming out of his pants. BTW he'll be doing a LOT of jumping around as the fuse burns down real short.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I believe he 'damaged' a pair of boxers...:blink:

·
Registered
192 Posts
It would just be easier to have all nude flights. No screening, No wanding ,nada get on the plane lets go!!! Just watch when you spill the hot coffee.
:haha:

I will never fly again. There are some people I just don't want to see naked. :blink:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts