Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my brother is turning 21 in a couple years. After it took so long for me to get my CCW and go through all that jazz he wants to see if he can get it done earlier. My question is does any body know if you can take the class early and/or turn in your application or do your finger prints early in MI so that when you turn 21 all you have to wait for is processing.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ridem

I'm not sure how it works in MI. I'd thought about doing that in NJ, although not for a CCW, but just for my pistol purchasing permits. I ultimately couldn't do it due to timing (I had to apply at the local PD for my permanent address) and I wasn't there until right after I turned 21. I couldn't get fingerprinted or anything on a weekend (due to personnel times and stuff.....so I had to wait)

Now I'm really upset I didn't pursue it a little bit more. The money is sitting in the bank, and has been for the last 2 months. I'm still waiting for my permits though :( :chairshot

So, sorry I can't answer the question, I honestly don't know. Although I have found that in most things, even though everyone's case is different, beaurocrats try and fit us all into specific categories... :grumpy:

Just my $0.02.

Jim

·
Registered
574 Posts
RidemCowboy said:
So my brother is turning 21 in a couple years. After it took so long for me to get my CCW and go through all that jazz he wants to see if he can get it done earlier. My question is does any body know if you can take the class early and/or turn in your application or do your finger prints early in MI so that when you turn 21 all you have to wait for is processing.
As I understand it, you have to be 21 on the day that you APPLY for your permit. You can take the class early, but you have to apply within 6 months of taking the class. IF you wait longer, you have to take the class again.

As I understand it that is. And FYI, IANAL nor do I play one on TV. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts