Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was subjected to yet another moment of sheer stupid the other night.

My wife was watching the TV reality show DEA. They were prepping to take down a "Kingpin" in a marijuana sting. One of the DEA agents was flapping his lips at the camera...

(NOTE - I am quoting from memory)
"This guy is known to have a MAC 10 machine gun loaded with Teflon coated bullets, used to penetrate our bullet proof vests..."
I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Your average Joe or Jane, and the media I can accept them saying as much, since they know no better. But a LEO?!?

This is the second time out of 3 episodes that I watched this year that some DEA agent was an absolute idiot. I keep trying to convince myself that the whole thing (DEA series) is staged and all are actors, but I thought for sure I would have heard something to confirm this by now.

:scruntiny::hand1::rant::aargh4:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I was subjected to yet another moment of sheer stupid the other night.

... watching the TV ...
That's all ye need know. That explains it right there. :tongue:

Pretty sad, though, when the ignorance and lack of intelligence is shown to have permeated every corner of every aspect of our society. Putzes on the street, those with badges, those in positions of authority, those we elect, those with tons of money ... very few seem immune.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Just think about it. What TV "Reality Show" isn't scripted BS? While they may be DEA agents, //i'd guess they've been told what to say and when.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You never know if any KTW ammo is still lurking out there. I saw some at a display years ago at a gun show. Not for sale, but who knows where it all went.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I know what you mean. I was watching it once and they were searching a dealer's apartment and found a gun. It looked like a Kel Tec Sub-2000. The Agent referred to it as a Mac-10 (I think). I do know that whatever they called it, they were nowhere near the correct designation.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
You never know if any KTW ammo is still lurking out there. I saw some at a display years ago at a gun show. Not for sale, but who knows where it all went.

There are a couple easy "Home Brew" methods of doing essentially the same thing which I am sure the drug gangs are aware of and is only effective against soft armor not tac vests. But the statement for the camera was probably just for "dramatic effect".

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
When the KTW came out decades ago our department tested some of the 45acp against Winchester 230gr Ball and found it preformed no better than the ball ammo.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Watching DEA and other LEO shows always make me wonder what smart criminals are able to get away with, these guys always seem to be chasing the low hanging fruit.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
TV is bad for your brain.... books are good!

·
Registered
29 Posts
KTW is effective in penetrating armor when fired out of a Glock 7, a ceramic gun made in Albania.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I threw up in my mouth a little bit
Sticks, you must be a Glenn Beck fan with that comment:image035:

·
Registered
213 Posts
These guys who participate in the reality shows make the ones that are on the streets and actually know what is going on look bad

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ive heard Leo's on COPS refer to a 30-30 as an armor piercing rifle. Im sure most any rifle would pierce a ballistics vest only rated for pistol rounds.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
KTW is effective in penetrating armor when fired out of a Glock 7, a ceramic gun made in Albania.
:rofl: :haha:

Now I gotta clean the coffee off of my screen. Good one! :congrats:

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know what you mean. I was watching it once and they were searching a dealer's apartment and found a gun. It looked like a Kel Tec Sub-2000. The Agent referred to it as a Mac-10 (I think). I do know that whatever they called it, they were nowhere near the correct designation.
That was the first episode that I caught that spiked my blood pressure. Got worse as I watched the idiot messing with it trying to figure it out, then a second...If you don't know how it works, stop messin' with it!

Then when they finally showed it opened up, I had to presume they either asked the owner of the carbine to show them, or one of the camera crew.

IIRC the Sub 2K was stored folded in a case under a bed in one room, and the ammunition and magazines were stored separately in closet, if not in a different room. But by god, this kingpin Marijuana dealer with a bit more than personal use of pot was ready for battle, thank god the DEA caught him off guard.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ever notice how they sometimes don't arm themselves until they are ready for a takedown? I'm sure it is for effect, but they sure like to show them loading and racking the slide at the trunk of the car grabbing more ammo.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
As long as none of them shot themselves in the leg with their Glock 40.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts