Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's my third try at an IWB. It's a far sight from the first one I made. I still have that one, but have since dyed and finished it. What'dya think??? (Remember, I'm an amateur, Kevin's definitely look better.)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Wow! tell ya what that is a great effort indeed - nice job.

OK, some small points show a lack of experience - but that ain't a crit' - just an observation. Heck - only your third attempt - brilliant.

I reckon if any of us could achieve that we'd be doin darned well. Kudos :smilez:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Think you are doing an excellent job. If you keep on working at it, you might give Mr. Brommeland and others some competition some day.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Very nice. I enjoy building my kydex holsters. The pride of doing it yourself is great. Keep up the good work.:hand10:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Not bad at all Jar! I would love to put one out like that. What's the cant on that rig? and the only thing I would do different is change to black clips instead of the chrome for stealth purposes.

Ti.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Nice piece of work. I agree with the black clip idea, but it's a good looking rig.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ti Carry said:
What's the cant on that rig? and the only thing I would do different is change to black clips instead of the chrome for stealth purposes.

Ti.
The cant, well, if you hold your tongue in your cheek and tilt your head to just about....THERE.

Seriously, I just cant it until the gun hilt is about even vertically with the barrel tip. To me, this seems to make the smallest "target" if you will (easier to hide).

I agree with the black clips as well. I just take what I can find. Tandy Leather is where I find, and they don't have much. Kevin has hooked me up before, maybe I'll talk to him about a pack of clips.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
You're coming along nicely, good to see the boning taking shape as well. I'm not sure how the pros do it but a full length sight rail is always a nice touch to keep those bits of leather from clinging to the front sight when you draw - though it looks like you've got a good space there to solve that problem.

For hardware, try doing a search for Texas Knifemaker Supply. There are several other supply houses but I can't think of the names now. TKS has a good selection of damned near everything though.
Jack

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Jarhead

Thumbs Up Buddy! Very Nice.:yup:

Real good lookin' hunk of leather!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Nice looking start on something that you may really enjoy doing. You talk to the Craftsmen here and you soon see that it's more than just a business with them.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice job. The more of them you make and the more practice you get, the better the product. Hell of a fine start though!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After this post, I've actually made and sold about 10. They are coming along very nice. A little help from Chris on edging with a little demo from the guy at Tandy Leather made for some fine finishing touches. So far, I've made:

two for G27,
two for XD40/9,
one 1911,
one sp101,
one for CZ75b,
one for FM hi power,
one for Bersa T380,
one for a Beretta 9000s,
two for G23/19.

Now if you can count better than me that's 12 not 10. I've even done one OWB belt slider for a Glock 27. Haven't finished it yet, but the boning on it is AWESOME. I think my company name will be Ugly Bald Guy Holsters. Do you think the name sells???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts