Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tommorrow i will be going to our DMV and getting fingerprinted for VA. & FL. permits . After them i will go for PA. I think that will cover 42 or 43 States .

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
If you do the electronic fingerprint scans it will speed up your process a bunch. If your DMV uses electronic fingerprint scans, that's great....if not
most Sheriffs departments will do the electronic scans cheap.

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do electronic scans . Only thing i wonder is if they charge twice for each state i want .

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
You have a MD permit welder?

Glen Burnie takes forever, your county PD can do them also. Never anyone ahead of me when I went to Howard County PD. Howard doesn't do electronic but I wasn't in a huge hurry for FL, already had Utah.

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Stoveman , Glen Burnie is right around the corner . They did 4 of us fairly quick a cpl. months back . The lady was not to social but she did aleast get them done sorta quick . We are in A.A county

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Lucky dog.

You're practically a home boy, I'm in Hanover, right across the AA line in Howard.

If you don't mind, PM me on how you got your permit, they are scarce as hen's teeth.

·
Registered
42,127 Posts
Tommorrow i will be going to our DMV and getting fingerprinted for VA. & FL. permits . After them i will go for PA. I think that will cover 42 or 43 States .
Just curious, but do you travel to 42-43 states? I got my FL permit because I live here. the fact that it's good in 35 states, most of which I'll never see, is irrelevant. There seems to be a lot of "My permits cover more states than yours does" posted on this site.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
good for you bro, i wish i could get MD but its too much hassle and for them i "dont have a good enough reason", congrats.

and regarding the post above mine: he may not travel to other states all of the time but i would love to be able to carry when i go on vacation, family emergency, or just visiting friends/family. as you know when in the military you become close with a bunch of people from all over the states, would be nice if i could carry when visiting them. also when i go on hunting trips it would be nice to be able to carry not only when im hunting but when im around in their towns and everything. i only have one states so far, but i would like to expand my options in the future, one of those "what if" things not a "mine is bigger than yours".

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just curious, but do you travel to 42-43 states? I got my FL permit because I live here. the fact that it's good in 35 states, most of which I'll never see, is irrelevant. There seems to be a lot of "My permits cover more states than yours does" posted on this site.
I think a lot of us get excited particularly us new to CC, almost like its a game. It is a comfort to know you have options. I got my FL Lic. because I hope some day to be spending a lot of time in your fine state! I do think neighboring states are a good idea though for all of us. Just my .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts