Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Myles is the name and its nice to be here. I live in Virginia Beach, big fan of 1911's.

Pertaining to the title....I was at home 1 year ago to the day and had a drunken argument with my girlfriend at the time. (honestly a simple argument that could have been solved with rational thought, but being in the shape we were that wasn't happening). It led to her leaving and eventually calling some of her friends to try to come get a reaction out of me, an after i had 5 or more people smashing up my truck and house. Went outside and discharged one in the air (yes i know, not an incredible idea). Anyway i hear a knock at the door and its two officers. They come in and explain that they need to confiscate my pistol (1911A1) and i oblige not knowing if that was a stupid decision or not but i really didnt want to get into more trouble than i already was and was just trying to comply.

They then proceed to say that they are worried i could be a threat to myself or others and they want me to go in for a psych evaluation instead of going to jail for unlawful discharge of a firearm, in which i said hell yes because there would be no convictions. And there weren't any.

My question is how do i go about getting my pistol back? Its a very sentimental item my grandfather passed down to me, and after checking to see if my rights were revoked and learning they were not, i want my gun back. If my rights were not revoked, can i just call the police HQ and request my property be returned?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Go to the police department and ask them what the procedure is. Go from there.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Great advice. See what the steps are through the police dept. If you need to go further Lawyer up.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I agree with all the above advice and hope you listen to Bad Bob. Sometimes and I hope this is not the case but we loose things as consequences for our actions. I hope this works out for you. Good luck sir.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Might be cheaper to get another gun, if you still can. You may be on a list now.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I agree with all of the above. Sometimes our mistakes are difficult to overcome but hopefully we learn from them.
Good luck with it, sir.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Agree with above.. Find out from the PD what steps to take... Don't be too hopeful on getting a CCL if Va. has those... And STOP DRINKING.. Worked wonders for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts