Defensive Carry banner

Getting Old!

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Majorlk 
#1 ·
I went to a Mall here in Wichita called Towne West.
The parking lot was fairly crowded so I had to park way out in the N40.
I of course have my pistol on and start to make my trek up to the front door,and THERE IT IS,the NO-GUNS SIGN!
Now..I just wasted my time going there and parking and fighting the crowd and had to leave because there was NO way I was going to leave a pistol in the truck at a Mall,thats just asking for somebody to take!
What a PAIN!:mad:

#3 ·
Malls at this time of year mean only one thing to me: Crowds and getting sick! Never fails, I get in a crowd and I get a cold or worse..

#4 ·
I don't know the laws there, but I take great joy in ignoring those signs here... no weight of law and all. :tongue:

#7 ·
What's the law there?

In Nevada, the establishment/business can ask you to leave and you must or will be trespassing but that's all.

#6 ·
I find it amusing that the one store that HAD a sign put it on the automatic opening door..so you couldn't read it if you actually wanted to!

#8 ·
I know this might surprise some, but I actually feel that a mall area is one place where CCP/W would be a loved thing considering the last mall shooting and all and the ease that some looney toon could do the same thing all over again.

#9 ·
What you and I both feel and know...the mall owners don't understand, nor care about.
They probably (obviously) feel that those with the CCW's and pistols...are 'threats'.
They just don't get it.:hand1::banned:

#10 ·
Shooting in a mall, with all those people, all those glass only barriers to innocent people in the mall stores...shooting there unless you are one heck of a good marksman and even then, your round will be going on its merry way because of your tunnel vision and the adrenaline rush.
As they say 'not I' unless it comes down to protecting those very close to me and the perp is close enough that I can get a from the floor pointing up at him/her to minimize the possibility of someone getting hit from a through and through of mine...

#11 ·
I think most mall owners are largely uneducated or unaware of licensed conceal carry. Most of them probably have the signs posted for the sake of gangs and criminals (who largely laugh at them), and don't think much about CC. Of course, some of them know all too well and don't care.

In Washington State private property owners can post signs and prohibit carry, but the penalty is the same- if caught they can ask me to leave, and if I refuse I get trespassed. I don't much like malls anyways, so not much of a loss for me.

#14 ·
I can't read without my specs, where did I put those things,:spankme: ok I will leave, if asked,, with out any purchase's.

#16 ·
I don't like getting malled, and avoid those places like the plague. When I have to shop(YUCK) I choose stand alone stores, less crowds, faster in and out, and a quicker trip to the shooting range where I'd rather be:yup:
Now ask me if I want to go to a Gun Shop, and watch my answer change:image035:

I couldn't even tell you if any of the local malls have any of those silly signs, it's been so long since I've been to one.

#17 ·
Screw those signs! I carry to protect me and members of my family. Have you seen those mall security guards? :gah: My God, they're kids who don't even shave. Yeah, you're protected from some crazy.

#24 ·
Screw those signs! I carry to protect me and members of my family. Have you seen those mall security guards? :gah: My God, they're kids who don't even shave. Yeah, you're protected from some crazy.
In my state, getting caught ignoring the signs will get you a sizable fine, loss of firearm, loss of carry permit and a jail sentence with a felony conviction.

#18 ·
Have you seen the brand new LEO's? My god, 21 and full of themselves already. They look and act like children in a candy store with their new bright and shiny shields. First thing the old veterans did when they had to get a new shield was have it buffed until it lost its shine!

#22 ·
In Kansas, where OP is from, the the no gun signs have weight of law. If I remember it is a class B misdemener to pass one; the biggy is you lose your permit if you pass one. No matter if you see it or not. The problem is if he had entered that mall from JC Penny, Sears or at least one other anchor store there are NO SIGNS on their doors or at the point you enter the mall from those stores. So the question would be in that the KS Carry law says the signs have to be reasonablly visible could simons properties make it stick ---- Do you want to be the test case?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.