Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting the new rig tonight (and feel like a kid about 2a.m. Christmas morning). :image035: So I need your vast experience and advice. I intend to carry it IWB primarily, and tuckable would be prefered. I'm wondering what you'd all recommend on holsters for the XD9sc (espcially from those who carry this gun)? Also, to those who carry it, I was thinking about IWB at 3:30 as that's what I've done, but what about 1:30 with this gun? It's short enough on the barrel that it might be o.k. there. Is 1:30 or 3:30 easier for extending sitting/driving? Any input would be nice. If it helps I'm 6'1, 190 and broad shoulders compared to waistline, which is nice as most shirts look real baggy around my waist. Thanks in advance to all of you.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC, IMHO.

You could easily adjust the cant to support 1:30 carry as well.

Matt

·
Registered
368 Posts
+1 for MTAC, I have the 4" service model XD, so it doesnt work for me at 1:30. I wear mine at 3:30

·
Registered
702 Posts
Carrying my XD9sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck right now :hand10: as I do everyday. I like mine positioned about 3:30 to 4:30. Sometimes i move it to 3:00...but rarely. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an MTAC either. I think they are both great holsters.

Personally, I don't think I could wear this gun at 1:00...I sit at my desk way too much and think this would be very uncomfortable...but that's JMHO.

On another note...I highly recommend the bi-tone. I don't seem to have any holster wear as some others have indicated on theirs.

Happy shooting...it's a fun gun. :bier:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got a JMG IWB for my xd 40 sc google JMG holsters 5 week wait but they good IWB with a good price.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have carried my XD9Sc in an MTAC with absolutely outstanding results. Great carry combo.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a JMG IWB for my xd 40 sc google JMG holsters 5 week wait but they good IWB with a good price.
Which JMG holster do you use and where do you carry with it? Hadn't looked into JMG...but looks like a good possiblity. Thanks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am going to dissent here and say that I did not like the Comp-Tac or the SuperTuck very much. I found them to be a bit uncomfortable. I have a Don Hume Open Top OWB that I really like for the XDSC... when I can conceal with OWB!

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

P.C.C.H. (XD-C) is a great holster for it IWB, and cants forward some. They have several others as well, but this is the one I definitely like the best and thinks it works great at concealing it. Their hosters are well made, fit the guns perfectly, and I would definitely recommend them. And, the good part, you aren't paying an arm and leg for their holsters.

You will love the gun. Out of mine, I still consider the XD the most reliable and if I had to pick 1 gun to protect my life, it's the one I would want in my hand.

I put the Trijicon night sights on mine, and really like them as well. You can pick them up at Amazon.com and Ebay at pretty reasonable prices.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
For sitting and driving I prefer a crossdraw setup. I spend alot of time on the tractor and shoot alot of rats. Crossdraw gives me the best draw while seated.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What type of holster do you use for cross draw if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
If it helps I'm 6'1, 190 and broad shoulders compared to waistline, which is nice as most shirts look real baggy around my waist. Thanks in advance to all of you.
I'm not 6'1, 190:smile: I use the Crossbreed Supertuck at about 3:30. Comfortable and conceals well. One nice thing about this is it works for my SC and also the Service model.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Another MTAC owner here...it's a great holster...For a crossdraw, check out Fist holsters...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I regularly carry my XD9SC in the Comp-Tac MTAC. Very comfortable. Whatever you do, make sure you have a good belt.

·
Registered
288 Posts
With the Sc, you should be able to carry OWB without any problem...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes OWB should be easy, but I'm often just in a shirt and want tuckability at times.

Does anyone have experience with the High Noon Hidden Alley or Split Decision for this weapon?

Thanks to all for your input and help?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I for one can not carry at the 1:30 position. That would be very uncomfortable for me. I use Milt Sparks VM2 as a replacement for my Galco Summer Comfort Holster. You can not go wrong with the VM2. Espically if you want to tuck in your shirt. The only bad thing is the wait and sometimes the price. Depending on where you can find it for sale. I have had some good luck on GunBroker.com and eBay in finding my holsters.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I used a UBG Canute for my XDsc when I still had, very comfortable, but doesn't meet your tuckable requirement. Good luck on your search.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts