Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Bad guys violate the rules & perpetrate armed robbery at mall jewelry store. Good guy with good intentions but lacking the proper tools tries to help, fails and loses his life. The second good guy with the proper tools succeeds in taking one of the bad guys out of the fight causing the other bad guy to flee.

One killed, 5 hospitalized in San Antonio mall robbery 'gone really, really bad' | Fox News

Not often do we hear of two good guys helping. One without any gun even.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Another guy who tried to be a hero and got himself killed because of it. The smart thing to do if you see a hold-up in progress is to take cover and try to stay out of the way unless the bad guys are hurting somebody or are coming after you. I am not trained to stop gunmen so I don't intend to try it if at all possible. A lot of police will tell you to just observe and try to be a good witness. Even the police assess the situation and try to get the advantage before they act and they are better prepared for the fight too.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
And the good sam who died...

What did he die for? To protect that store's profits? Will that corporation now provide for his family? Or will their corporate attorneys be busy this morning conjuring up ways to cover the company's backside from any blowback?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I haven't seen evidence in any of the media coverage that the man killed was trying to be a hero. I know he was evidently at the store with his wife to get their wedding rings cleaned. There could be any number of reasons he made the decision to intervene and there simply isn't enough information (unless you were there) presented to judge that decision. You could be armed to the teeth, an expert marksman and tactician and still die once you are inserted into such a scenario. Armed confrontation is inherently dangerous.

Looking back at it it's too bad the armed good guy didn't simply attack from ambush and shoot the crap out of the robbers before they saw him. Sadly the type of person who legally arms himself and considers intervention in a situation such as this, is seldom wired to think that way. This is an inherent disadvantage to people like us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.