Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I must say - in particular with my aging eyes - peep type sights are certainly my favorite.

I'd like to be able to try these out but doubt I'd lay out the cost just to find out! I have never had a ghost sighting on any handgun - only longarms. I can tho imagine the top option - where you'd see a circle and FS dot - very quick to align and maybe almost the ultimate.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Any one running peep rear sights? Wonder how well they would work?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
rocky said:
Any one running peep rear sights? Wonder how well they would work?
What are those? got a link to them? Not sure I have heard of them.

Ti.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Ti Carry said:
What are those? got a link to them? Not sure I have heard of them.

Ti.
Ti,
The sights (rear) posted by Bruce, are peep sights.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Someone on 1911Forum put the hexsights on their Gov't. and seemed really happy with them. I like the idea but it seems there'd be more potential for snags on the cover garment.

You first Bud!
Jack

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
maclean3 said:
Someone on 1911Forum put the hexsights on their Gov't. and seemed really happy with them. I like the idea but it seems there'd be more potential for snags on the cover garment.

You first Bud!
Jack
Gonna put them on a range gun to try before i carry then ill do a little carry with it to try them out

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ameriglo Ghost sights

I actually had a pair put on my XD .40 and it was actually a weird experience getting used to shooting with it. I am not sure I liked it so much, on a rifle or shotgun fine but on a pistol it seemed a little much

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
looks fugly, but hey ,if it works better.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have ghost ring and front post night sights on a remington 870...you can get a very fast sight picture from them

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I also have a ghost ring rear / tritium front sight on my 11-87 and love them. I've never tried them on a handgun.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Betty said:
I also have a ghost ring rear / tritium front sight on my 11-87 and love them. I've never tried them on a handgun.
Peep on your AR too , right? I like it on my rifle (AR) ,but it seems like it would be too weird on a pistol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've used the peep sights on handguns but like the Hex Site way more. The shape of the Hex draws our eye so it is automatic you center your front sight. I know it sounds different. At first I myself thought it was all BS but after putting them on my Sig I would use nothing but a Hex Sight on the gun that might save my life. The hardest thing for me to get use to was to just forget I had a front sight. The Hex Sight is custom fit to every gun. Being the rack of every gun is different even being the same model gun not one sight size will fit all. That is why you can have the same sight on two guns of the same make and model and they will almost always shoot different. Check them out someone on page one gave the web site. But read the whole site with an open mind. If you have any questions if I can answer them I will. By the way I have no interest in the Hex Sights.

·
Registered
138 Posts
maclean3 said:
Welcome to the Forum lostone. You might be the 1911 Forumite I was referring to, was that you?
Jack
Yep on on the 911 forum to. Think i'm on about 10 gun forums.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh forgot to tell you never had the sight snag anything

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Not for me but, I sure would not try to stop anybody else from trying them.
Whatever works & insures fast, accurate hits for any shooter is OK by me.
At this point in my life I would not be able to get used to a GR sight setup on a defensive pistol.
I'm sure they would slow me down.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
My wife had a pair on her old Glock and bugs me constantly about getting a new set, she loved them and her shooting on combat situations was awsome. Novak has a half ghost ring that I tried but didnt like. Me I'll stick with the big white dot front or a bright orange front, like TJ's Gunworks does. I'm waiting for mine to arrive and will let you'al know how it works.

http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/Macros/dayglo.htm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts