Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting ghost sights on my new mossberg 590 and was wondering what is the use of ghost sights and are they worth the cash to put them on the shotgun.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Depends on your personal preferance. They allow quicker target aquisition and a good choice for slugs IMO. Usually you can just get away with a standard bead sight, but ghost ring sights are a nice thing to have. A big aperture in the rear and a post front gives a nice sight picture depending on your needs. Here is basically what your sight picture will look like, the rear sight MAY seem to blur when you use them.
~Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
They came as stock sights on my M590A1 (51663) and I really like them. They make target acquisition almost instinctual.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking of getting them but I am just wondering if they are worth the trouble.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I've been on the edge about these for shotgun sights for a while. Thing is, my rifles or shotguns are without night sights for the time being, because I use other means for dark ID-shoot. I'm guessing the night sights would be good, but the ring would be best for daylight situations. If you have a top of the line shotty, I'd go for it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My 870 Police Magnum is sitting at my Smith's place at this moment getting a set of Trijicon ghost ring sights. (It's the same sight package used by Scattergun Technologies without paying for the ST logo). Ghost rings probably aren't necessary for a home defense gun, but I'd like to have the option of using this gun for four legged varmint protection, as well.

PC

·
Registered
903 Posts
I was super pleased with the increased range and accuracy that the Mossberg ghost ring sights provided. They can be hard to find, and the front sight installation is not for the faint of heart, but they are worth the money.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went a head and had them installed now to get them zeroed in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts