Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
cool, as Bud said illegal in MI to hunt until 12. Then only small game or bow and arrow.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I thought that was a great story too. I'm a little depressed about these age limits. I started hunting with a .22 and a .410 shotgun when I was 10. I could even buy my own ammo too. (Iowa, circa 1948) In fact, myself and two friends, ages 10 and 12 used to hunt together without adult supervision. We were trained and trusted by our parents. To us guns were not toys and we had the 4 rules drilled into us. Strange how the world around us changes.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Great story!

Sierra recounted here how she shot the 211-pound bear from 50 yards away with her .243-caliber rifle. "I was scared," she said, then paused for dramatic emphasis. "Because bears will eat anything!"
The bear ran about 150 feet before collapsing.
And that's scary.

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
I saw the story in both the Washington Post and teh Baltimore Sun, and thought it was great....... Wish I could get a bear!

The other thing I want to do is check the Saturday issues on the "letters" page and see if there is any reaction!? :wink:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Good Story ~ Good Hunting

Kudos to the deadly and skilled little tyke! :king:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
When guiding in Maine,I always cringed when a sport showed up with a .243,.30-30,or any of the .22's. It just wasn't gonna be "pretty".--------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts