Defensive Carry banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Take a look at some slightly used but not abused pistols from a few years ago.
Beretta 8045 Cougar - they also made a mini-cougar. This pistol has a rotating barrel and is a very soft pistol to shoot. Beautiful work of Italian art.
How about a 90's something S&W Gen 3 pistol, maybe stainless steel? Like a 4516?

These two pistols are "outdated" and "weird" but I'm picking up a vibe that tells me that you wanted to hear and learn about something a little bit different?

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
That's a cool suggestion though after reading all recommendations I think I will stick with the xds 4". Benefits - I know the platform, have extra mags already and have no issues shooting xds 45 - I actually went through 200 rounds in single session couple times with no issues.

Seems that the base split in single stacks is 1911 or plastic 馃槈. Within plastic the main group is shield, m&p, XD and Glock. Within the groups it further appears it's a matter of personal preference so without ability to try I will stick to what I know.

Yeah - I oversimplified.... In any case - thanks to all for their suggestions. Now I can't wait to sell one of my spares tomorrow to fund the xds purchase 馃槈

Registered
I鈥檓 gonna be weird and throw something off the wall in here.

Good luck finding one for $500, but if you hunt around, you can find it鈥檚 close brother, the 457, for that amount or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I just traded my Shield .40 for another XDS Mod. 2 .45 3.3鈥 today. Now I have two of them. ...... I like them that much ! Stick with the XDS. Your first one has seems to serve you well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
So... It arrived at my FFL on Thursday but unfortunately he's out on vacation and I won't be able to start the DROS till Mon if he gets back by then (he told me he's coming back either Monday or Tuesday). If he does come back Tuesday then I'll have to wait for the paperwork till 6th as I'll be traveling till then :(. Then it's the 10+ days since it's California and they're supposedly backed up (a month ago, my rifle took 14 days)

Registered
I think yours is a good option. The XDs is a great gun. If you want an alternative, I do know a lot of people really like the .45 Shield. I am a DA/SA guy and I am personally interested in the Bersa TPRc series. I would go with the 9mm or the .40, but they make a .45, the TPR45c.
Xde 45 is my edc if you are interested in dasa. I personally want a slide safety.

Registered
Discussion Starter #52
Xde 45 is my edc if you are interested in dasa. I personally want a slide safety.
If I was going for slide safety I'd be carrying one of my 1911s ;). Which I actually do occasionally. Thing is that my duty gun can't be a 1911 :( so rather then carry issued Glock I carry my personal XD45.... So xds was just a logical choice since I like single stacks better ;)

Registered
My EDC is a .45 Shield and has been for several years. I have shot many .45 pistols both compact and full size 911's and it is the only one that gives me zero barrel flip. The angle of the grip just pushes back but not up. For me, extremely accurate.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts