Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So Im trying to decide which gun to carry for owb. I have the glock 22 and it can be heavy at times. Im considering trying the glock 17 as I know it is lighter. Do you think the weight difference be noticeable?

Registered
There is a solution. (Not that the weight difference is noticeable.) Just buy yourself a 9mm or .357 Sig conversion barrel for the G22, a couple of G17 or G31 mags and presto. You have a G17 - or a G31. 馃榾

Registered
I own both. The G17 is supposedly 0.7 oz lighter unloaded. Which is heavier loaded? 17 rds of 124 gr 9mm ammo is lighter than 15 rds of .40 180 gr ammo and I can tell the difference. Haven't tried any others. But with a good belt and holster it doesn't matter to me. OldChap is right about the conversion barrels. I have a 9mm barrel for the G22 and it works fine.

Reactions: OldChap

Registered
Probably not enough difference to really matter. Try a G27 or G26 if you really want to notice a difference.

Registered
Or another good choice would be either the G43x or G48. With the Shield Arms mags you get 15+1.

Registered
No. I'd just stick with the Glock 22 unless you just want a 17 too.

Registered
If you plan to carry a full size, no BS war gun, simply spend a little money on a premium holster and belt. That will make things as easy on you as it can be.

I鈥檝e been carrying a Glock 45 lately. Just had a major gut pack overhaul (three hernias and a rip down the center ab seam) so cinching up tight with an IWB isn鈥檛 in the cards for a few weeks. I use either a Tenicor or a JM Custom OWB for now. Both are outstanding, they really pull the grip in nice. With a Wilderness belt and a button down, it鈥檚 no trick to hide that grip, which is the same as a 17/22.

And I don鈥檛 notice the weight.

Registered
So Im trying to decide which gun to carry for owb. I have the glock 22 and it can be heavy at times. Im considering trying the glock 17 as I know it is lighter. Do you think the weight difference be noticeable?
I don't think the weight is noticeable with a proper holster/belt. Heck I carried an L frame for 20 years...

Registered
If you plan to carry a full size, no BS war gun, simply spend a little money on a premium holster and belt. That will make things as easy on you as it can be.

I鈥檝e been carrying a Glock 45 lately. Just had a major gut pack overhaul (three hernias and a rip down the center ab seam) so cinching up tight with an IWB isn鈥檛 in the cards for a few weeks. I use either a Tenicor or a JM Custom OWB for now. Both are outstanding, they really pull the grip in nice. With a Wilderness belt and a button down, it鈥檚 no trick to hide that grip, which is the same as a 17/22.

And I don鈥檛 notice the weight.
Try suspenders too.

Registered
Just tossing in my 2 cents.
I carry a full size Sig p229 legion.40 when I need to be well dressed or formal. Wearing jeans and daily wear Glock 45 or 19 with extended mags OTW. A good gun belt is as important as the gun and holster. If you are really having problems with weight get a Glock 42/43. I have the 42 and it鈥檚 my short wearing or even swimsuit pistol of choice. Now we can all talk about how underpowered a 380 is. Lol. Summer in the south no one is wearing thick clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Depending on your bullet weights there may only be 2 ounce difference in weight between the two pistol .

Belts - Belt Man belts of course .

Holster , most be 50 models that many people like . I have 17 years with to Comp-Tac rigs . Only1.5 years with a MTAC but with the old zero cant Neutral rig I have 17 years with and both are carried at 3:00 set higher on my side .

MY primary CC is a 5.7 years old P320 compact 40sw filled with 155gr ammo but there might be a 45acp lw commander in my old comp-tac neutral rig carry once in a while .

Personally I would not carry a glock 17 or 22 do to over all length and height and that grip design !! Ha A change to a G 19 or G23 sure would make concealment easier but that your deal .

You probably should own a electronic scale and you can figure out the weight difference at home . Even an old mail scale will read with in a ounce or so at that weight range .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts