Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
OK - I am in facetious mood LOL!

Let's say you had all the paperwork and carried one (if even legal!)- albeit with a shorter mag than the 30 rounder (or is it 33?) - what the heck sorta carry piece would this be?

OK - just fantasizing! :biggrin:

Huh? Where did that picture come from? :eek:
Wow! Chris - You Imagined It & Here It Is! :rofl:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I posted about would ya carry a full auto if you could quite a while ago most said not .. What kind of carry piece would a Glock 18 be????

More fun than a carry piece i think... The 17 round mags dont quite give you a long rate of fire and i think carrying the 33 rounders would be uncomfortable

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I stand by my initial statement and would add a little to it.

I feel there is no real reason I should not be legally qualified to purchase such a thing.

The catch is that even if these things were on the open market, they would charge outrageous prices for them still because, well, they could.

Even at that, say I did get my hands on one, I STILL wouldn't carry it.

For one I think it's irreponsible to fire more shots than absolutely necessary. I see no reason why a double action revolver or semiautomatic pistol cannot deliver enough firepower for my personal protection. If anything these guns shoot faster than I do not the other way around.

For another, dear God, the lawsuits you would get if you ever did have to use it in personal defense...

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
less control in full auto, more stray rounds.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
It's a 31 rounder, but mine has the +2 base making it a 33 rounder. Now all I need is the G18 to go with it. :biggrin:

Thinking about the value of the gun I probably wouldn't carry it. Since it could be fired semi-auto I would use it that way vs full-auto if I ever did carry it. However given that, I'd just carry my G17. Eliminate the lever and perception.

-Scott-

·
Registered
862 Posts
Heres a dumb question.

Whats that thing that looks like a decocker on the slide, under the rear sight?
Is it to select between F.A. and S.A.?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had not seen (or remembered) your thread Bud - sorry if this was repetitious. As I mentioned it was a pure facetious thought at the time - with VERY obvious practical limitations!

Clever tho how the pic appeared over night (thx QK!! :smile:).

·
Registered
484 Posts
If I could have a FA pistol it would one of two - CZ75 with SP01 magazines, or a Beretta 93R with the stock 21 round mags. Prefer the CZ...:)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Leroy Thompson has done a couple of reviews on the 18, with a pretty fair assessment of "practical applications". Having had the opportunity to fire an M-16, and MP-5, and granted that the cyclic rate on the G-18 is (IIRC) about the same as the MP-5, I would say that it would have to be for someone extremely cool under pressure. You can touch off +/-3round bursts with a standard 3 position group on an MP-5 (not 3-round configured), if you are conscious of trigger control. If you are very familiar with Glock, and are able to take advantage of the minimal reset distance in SA, I would think you could "enjoy" practical use of an 18.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts