Defensive Carry banner

Glock 18 or Uzi? (assume both legal to purchase)

• Glock 18

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • Uzi

Votes: 34 54.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know pointless question, as for now, few in the US that are non-LE / military can own.

Still, just as a question, what one would you want.

I think the Glock 18 has X2 the rate of fire of the Uzi, both have 30 + mag options, since we are living in pretend land both have stock options, the Glock's effective range I believe is 50 m and the Uzi is 200m (however I'm thinking 100m is more realistic).

Just throwing it out there, maybe pointless post, IDK. I was watching something on the History channel (think Lock n Load) and the showed the G18. They also mentioned how the SS pulled out a Uzi when Reagan was shot. Wonder if they would go G18 or Uzi now (not considering use as a frisbee).

·
Registered
721 Posts
I saw that as well... seems like the Glock would have an advantage in accuracy...

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I've shot a full auto uzi both short and long barrel,even tho cyclic rate is slower than the G18 it was very easy to control and more accurate at longer ranges than the Glock
G18 is easier to conceal

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Out of those two, the Uzi, a lot more controllable. But for a 9mm subgun I'd be watning and MP-5 over either of the others.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'd be watning and MP-5 over either of the others.
+1

I've shot Uzis and MP-5s. I don't care for Uzis much. Probably not as easy to shoot but I'd really like to try the G18.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'd have to give the nod to the Uzi if I was in a situation where I needed a submachine gun and those were my choices.I just think that even with a shoulder stock, the glock would just be a pain to control in sustained fire.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I would go with the Uzi. I will admit to some prejudice here partly because I have never fired the G-18. Part of my reasoning is that unless I am mistaken the reciprocating mass on the Uzi is a lower percentage of it's total mass. Even firing from an open bolt I am thinking this would tend to increase accuracy and controllability. Another part of of my reasoning is simply that it is a classic. But like others if I could have any I wanted I would have to go with Hk.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I chose the G18. No real experience with either. Just think a full auto hand gun is really cool.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Have shot one of each. Currently performing a conversion on a G17.

I pick Uzi hands down. More controllable, longer effective range, more practical.

The G18 is nice for those Oh S*** moments where you need to lay down cover fire, which is the real application for full auto fire.

The officers I know who are issued G18 pistols for their duty weapons have a couple 33rd mags in the trunk but carry the standard 17rd mags in their gun and on their belt. They have all told me if they have to go to the trunk for the 33rd mags, they are grabbing the rifle first and the 33rd mags as an absolute last resort to the fullest extent.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Uzi is 9mm. A few in .380 were made. 9mm is standard.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Wow, closest poll I've seen in a long time. Proud Uzi owner here, and it's easy to own a FA or a SBR Uzi. Much harder for the 18, there are only a handful of known transferable 18s, and the folks that have them aren't exactly interested in selling. Without a stock, a FA pistol is very easy to loose control of. The Uzi is a pussycat to shoot.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I'll take the Uzi. Yeah....I know.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Much harder for the 18, there are only a handful of known transferable 18s, and the folks that have them aren't exactly interested in selling.
100% false.

The Glock pistol was designed and produced in the early 1980s. The Glock 18 is made in Austria thus subject to the ban on imported machine guns for civilian use in the GCA of 1968. Glock didn't start importing them until 1987. There is no such thing as a fully transferable Glock 18.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've never shot an UZI, but I have shot a MAC10. I also did get to put about 200 rounds through a Glock 18C. I'd take the Glock in a heartbeat. I had no issue with controlability. It was very easy to shoot 3 round bursts or empty the magazine and keep all the rounds on the target at 7-10 yards. It was by far one of the coolest guns that I have ever shot.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
No experience with either. I did use a grease gun (M-3) for river debris in the Mekong River. Shoots the heck out of water hyacinths and other floaters. Our engagement sequence for suspicious stuff floating down river: 1. Drink a beer. 2. Throw concussion grenade into floating target. 3. Put M-79 HE round into the resultant water boil. 4. Lace the area with the M-3. Return to battery. Fortunately, we only got two beers per day and both were opened by the barkeep. The lieutenant wasn't completely daft.
You should add a category so the geezer crowd can play.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts